New tournament mode: Swiss system. Let's try it now!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

New tournament mode: Swiss system. Let's try it now!

Post by sourisdudesert »

To everyone: we are experimenting a new tournament system (Swiss System) tonight, using Race for the Galaxy.

A test tournament is starting in an hour from now (19:00 CEST). You'll have to play 4 games starting at 19:00, 19:15, 19:30 and 19:45. You get 1 point for each win (and 0.5 for each draw).

To participate, register now!

More test sessions to come...
MrTimmsy

Re: New tournament mode: Swiss system. Let's try it now!

Post by MrTimmsy »

Most of the games were not played, as other than 1 of my matches, I could not join my table. It seemed to be the case for many other participants as well, from what I could tell from the match results.
aealbee

Post by aealbee »

There was some weirdness with the matches... but I was able to play in all of mine, save for one. And for that one, I was still able to access the table myself. So I'm not quite sure what happened there. I'm excited to see this tournament format get straightened out, and I hope everyone who participated today will give it another chance! This style of tournament is just hands down better suited for Race. Thanks Board Game Arena! And even though there was some glitchy weirdness, I'll accept the 1st place trophy with pride! :D
charliesheen

Post by charliesheen »

This new tournament mode is a great idea,
Congrats for the initiative.

Maybe this Swiss system would allow tournaments for other games (longer or subject to variable duration)
- HIVE for example -
Considering maybe a system with 1 game per day, at the same time every day

Return to “Official announcements [en]”