Koryo

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Koryo

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are extremely happy and proud to announce that the excellent game Koryo, by Gary Kim (Moonster Games) is now available on BGA.

Koryo is a simple and subtle card game for 2 to 4 players.

At the beginning of each turn, you draw a full new hand of cards. You only possible action is to play in front of you any number of cards from the same type (among 9 different types numbered from 1 to 9). After 8 turns, this is the end of the game and if you manage to have most cards of one type, you score the corresponding number of points. Example: if you have most Priest (number 4) than anyone, you score 4 points.

Of course, each type of cards has some special effect that you can use during the game. To use a special effect, you just have to have most card of this type than your opponents. Example: if you have most Bankers (number 6) than anyone, you apply Banker special effect (take 1 additional "victory point" token at your turn).

The cards special effects are very interesting and for each game you'll have to be opportunistic considering your hands of cards.

Koryo is really a great game, and it's very fast too: you should definitely try it :)

As Koryo got a lot of success, Gary Kim and Moonster Games just released a new game in the same universe: Choson. If you like Koryo, we strongly encourage you to discover Choson.

The adaptation of Koryo for BGA has been developed by Romain Lahore-Carraté and Adrien Janssen (thank you!) using BGA Studio and finalized by the BGA team.

Board Game Arena would like to thank Moonster Games and Gary Kim for making possible to have Koryo here!

[/tttv]
Gralem

Re: Koryo

Post by Gralem »

Enough with the card games on here....this site has so much potential...yet we have Koryo and Checkers ...Id love to see more medium to heavy type games make it to the site.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

I'm sure the admins would love it if you got the license agreements and coding worked out for your favorite game, instead of just complaining....
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

I love these kind of card games, I am learning now and thought you may like to add this video that I am watching to help people play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSOIJyRXsw :)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”