Lords of Xidit

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Lords of Xidit

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are proud and happy to introduce Lords of Xidit, a game by Régis Bonnessée published by Libellud.

Lords of Xidit is the re-implementation of an excellent game (Himalaya, also from Régis Bonnessée) which has been enriched and re-thematized in Seasons universe - and yes it is even better!

Lords of Xidit is a programming and "pick-up & deliver" game. You are heroes ("Idrakys") trying to protect the Kingdom's cities from some threats. To do this you must move your Idrakys from city to city to recruit fighters ("pick-up"), and then go to the threatened city to spend these fighters and kill the threat ("deliver").

At each turn, all players must program the 6 actions of their Idrakys secretly and at the same time. Then, all programs are revealed, and all actions are executed one after the other. Obviously, you'll have to guess your opponents actions to make sure they won't disturb your owns - and if possible to take advantage of them !

Lords of Xidit is a really exciting game from all perspective, with an absolutely beautiful material: we strongly recommend you to give a try and then run to your favorite shop to buy it. By the way, the game is now 100% available in shops.

Important: to celebrate the launch of Lords of Xidit on Board Game Arena, Libellud will offer "Lords of Xidit" goodies to the 10 best ranked players on July 1st at 12:00 CEST. Yeah!

To know everything about the game and how to play, we recommend you the video below from Tom Vassel.

This adaptation of Lords of Xidit for Board Game Arena has been developped by Pierre Scelles (pikiou): a huge "thank you" to him for this amazing work!

Board Game Arena would like to send a very special "thank you" to the whole Libellud team. You are both kind and talentful, and this is always a pleasure to work with you !

[/tttv]
pikiou

Re: Lords of Xidit

Post by pikiou »

Thanks to Lubelud for their support, compatibility and the amazing game they bring to us, to the alpha and beta testers for their bug reports and suggestions, to the army of translators, to sourisdudesert and Een (BGA admins) !

The visuals of LoX are so great that for you to keep enjoying them while zoomed up (ctrl+ wheel) their resolution was doubled >< I'm quite proud these high res visuals ended up weighting 3.4M even though all of them used transparency !

I hope you'll enjoy playing LoX as much as I did programming it !
Have fun ^^
Last edited by pikiou on 17 June 2015, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Silverwolfe

Post by Silverwolfe »

Can't wait to try this!
Burning spear

Post by Burning spear »

Great!!

Question: I didn't read the rules, but I know Himalaya very well. It's ok to start a lord of xidit game without need of reading?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Burning spear wrote:Question: I didn't read the rules, but I know Himalaya very well. It's ok to start a lord of xidit game without need of reading?
Well... Yes or no.

Yes you'll be able to understand and play the whole game.

But ... you should pay attention to the final scoring mechanism. It is very particular and change at every game.

So you'll be able to play, but maybe not to win :)
Burning spear

Post by Burning spear »

ok thanks I will read the end game section
Calaf

Post by Calaf »

The translation to Spanish of this announcement is horrible, and several paragraphs make no sense at all, (translated by Microsoft I suppose). Put it at the translationhq and we will be glad to help! Think about those that can't read it in other language!
Burning spear

Post by Burning spear »

sourisdudesert wrote: So you'll be able to play, but maybe not to win :)
In fact, it's not very different with games I perfectly know lol
Oso

Post by Oso »

Calaf wrote:The translation to Spanish of this announcement is horrible, and several paragraphs make no sense at all, (translated by Microsoft I suppose). Put it at the translationhq and we will be glad to help! Think about those that can't read it in other language!
The announcements can't be translated, if you see a translation, it's because a "Google translate".
Calaf

Post by Calaf »

Oso wrote:
Calaf wrote:The translation to Spanish of this announcement is horrible, and several paragraphs make no sense at all, (translated by Microsoft I suppose). Put it at the translationhq and we will be glad to help! Think about those that can't read it in other language!
The announcements can't be translated, if you see a translation, it's because a "Google translate".
I know that they can't be translated at the hq thats why I'm asking them to use the translationhq instead of Microsoft translator, because at this moment, announcements in Spanish are just absurd.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”