Tash-Kalar official CGE World series 2015

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Tash-Kalar official CGE World series 2015

Post by sourisdudesert »

Czech Games Edition and Board Game Arena are happy to organize this summer the very first official World contest of Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends.

This tournament is open to everyone. This is a 100% online tournament, all on BGA. You may even win some CGE games!

Qualifying series will take place on July 23th and July 24th. There will be 10 qualifying series, with 3 matches to be played (Swiss System - each match = one hour). You are allowed to register to ONE and only ONE of these series - for example the serie with a date/time that suits you best. Be careful, if you register to several qualifying series, you may be disqualified.

Here is the list of qualifying tournaments:
http://boardgamearena.com/#!tournamentl ... 017&page=0

The 20 first players from each qualifying tournament will be qualified for the semifinals on July 27th and July 28th (again, 3 matches, Swiss System).

Finally, the 20 firsts players from the semi-finals will be able to participate to the World final on August 10th.

Good luck everyone!
Oso

Re: Tash-Kalar official CGE World series 2015

Post by Oso »

Nice.

Some answers/suggestions:

1 - What happen if a tournament don't get 20 players? (you know, you will need 200 "differents" players to complete all tournament)
2 - Can we play without ELO score?... (some players with +1700 don't want to loss their score so "fast", you know)
3 - If someone has more than one account, can play with these usernames too?
4 - What happen with "off-line" people (a.k.a. people who get a place and don't plat)
cosmosis

Post by cosmosis »

I really appreciate the work going into organizing some new tournaments! Hope this goes well. :)
Babyrhinorainbows

Post by Babyrhinorainbows »

I kinda wish the player names for who has signed up wasnt visible. I am pretty high ranked at Tash-Kalar, but if I noticed Glitter and Doom in a qualifier, I would definitely not pick that one :P.
Royalty

Post by Royalty »

At what times are the semi-finals and final? I know i can attend the qualifying stage, but need more info for the semi-final and final!
Locu

Post by Locu »

Great stuff, now to check my schedule next week. I had preferred some weekend events though.
I just want to add that 3 rounds Swiss is not really enough to deal with a 100 player field, but having enough rounds would really drag, so just fun to play 3 rounds of Tash Kalar next friday!
RogueM

Post by RogueM »

Sorry can't make heads or tails of this post... as far as I can see there are no pre-determined time slots? To make matters more complicated I'll be in the US for the second leg, but I'd at least want to ensure I join a series initially that fit my time zone in Europe.

Any help?
yaron

Post by yaron »

What happened to 6 of the tournaments? I was planning on joining series J.
HelloAllan

Post by HelloAllan »

Just chasing up what happened to Series G? was it cancelled or just a glitch with the tournaments system?
Babyrhinorainbows

Post by Babyrhinorainbows »

I am guessing that they realized that they overestimated the amount of people who would join and cancelled the ones with the fewest entries...an update would be nice.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”