My BGA story episode 1

Les annonces officielles Board Game Arena
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

My BGA story episode 1

Post by sourisdudesert »

Il y a quelques temps, nous vous avions proposé de partager avec nous vos plus belles histoires avec Board Game Arena.

Aujourd'hui, nous avons le plaisir de publier une merveilleuse histoire (d'amour !) écrite par Arielle. Merci à tous de jouer et d'aimer BGA !

Yesterday is a history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called present.

BGA is a special present of life. We lived it, we are living it, and we will live it as long as we can.

I met my boyfriend in Zurich, where I studied as a PhD student. He was a postdoc who would soon finish his work in Lyon and planned to go back to our homeland. It was love at first-sight. We fell in love so quickly that neither of us wanted to think about the pain of a long-distance relationship. When the day of departure finally came, I tested the theory personally that the airport has witnessed more tears than anywhere else.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I was part of a Zurich board game club back then. We held games night every Sunday. Stories of games night naturally became a topic between me and my boyfriend. I shared with him all the new games we tried there: small world, sabotour 2, etc through oversea phone calls. He always listened with great interests although he knew little about board games except for the Go. I had always wanted to involve him into the world of board game, then one day, I accidently found BGA, and that's it. We started a very special tradition of spending most weekends together via BGA, and it becomes the most loyal witness of our long distance relationship for 25 months! I think our first game is Dominion, which used to be our favorite for quite a long time till it got removed from BGA (very sorry for that). We tried Race for the Galaxy several times to actually become fans of it. Now our BGA duels always start with that game. There are some games that I have played first in person on games night, then introduced it to my boyfriend (such as Tobago). But there are many other games that we played for the first time on BGA (such as Seasons, Tzolk'in, etc.). BGA has provided us with numerous games for two, and we have tried almost every game that works with two players on this site. Our favorite games do not entirely overlap, but we almost always play Race for the Galaxy, Tokaido, and Toyes every time we log on BGA. By the way, we are also big fans of Resistance/Avalon, it is quite a pity that such game does not suit the design of web-based board game platform.

I finished my study at the end of 2013 and left Europe to come to the city where my boyfriend works. I feel a bit sorry that the connection from here to BGA is not ideal, refreshing during games happens frequently. Besides, we can play face-to-face instead of online (although many games are easier that way). So we don't come to BGA as often as we used to be. Nonetheless, I want to thank everyone from the BGA community. If it was not for BGA, my boyfriend and I may not have had so much fun time together. Although BGA is not playing a big part in our life as it used to be, we still keep an eye on it. Hopefully it will be known and loved by other couples like us.

Pour partager avec nous vos plus belles histoires avec Board Game Arena, envoyez les à cette addresse avec le sujet "My BGA story".

Return to “Annonces officielles [fr]”