Creating a Tournament

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
serjok

Creating a Tournament

Post by serjok »

Hi!
Do i need a permission to create a nwe tournament?
Who can create a tournament?

Thanks.
Elisha

Re: Creating a Tournament

Post by Elisha »

I am also wondering the same thing.
Een

Post by Een »

Hi,

This functionnality is still in beta, and not ready to be opened to everyone.
For now, only admins can create tournaments.

Cheers,
Een
Issity

Post by Issity »

In tournament list there is option to show only your own tournaments, so I wanted to know how to create one.

There are no permissions needed. Only correct URL is required which is easy to find.

I just created a tournament for 2-player RftG with no problems. I like the option to set more than 1 match, which makes luck less important.

There are still some issues - when trying to make a tournament with more than 2 players I got some error (unfortunately it was hidden for security reasons).

So it would be nice to know the status of user created tournaments. It looks like basic funcionality is working.
What is still missing or need to be tested? When we can expect user tournaments to be enabled for public? And why I was able to create tournament when I should not be allowed to?
Kaarin

Post by Kaarin »

If I wanted to run a tournament for the Boardgame Players Association using your system, how would things work? Can one person set up the games? I know that I can view them as a guest. Is it possible to save the record of the moves during the game or does it just go away at the end of the game? Can the person setting up the games have access to them after they have begun?

Thanks!
Kaarin
darla1

Post by darla1 »

I have no inside information on this, but a real tie (including tie-breakers) happens very rarely.
So since a re-match is not really an option, as it would slow down the whole tournament (not really in RFTG, but in longer games), a winner has to be determined somehow. My guesses are ELO-Rating or simply chance.

Also, keep in mind, that the tournament module is still BETA, so it is possible that this case has simply been "overlooked".
darla

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”