solo score

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Ardos

solo score

Post by Ardos »

Just wondering what is a good score playing solo?
IjinNoMigite

Re: solo score

Post by IjinNoMigite »

Aloha,

After making it a point to read the rules I set out to use the Solo game to understand the mechanics of the game.
In order my scores were: 29-34-44-59.
Then I went on to play opponents.
I played Solo again in order to give a better answer here. I scored 57 and I screwed up while not thinking.

So... my guide to Solo scores:

under 20 - Why didn't you read the rules?
20-30 - Yeah, It's harder than you thought.
30-40 - Ohhh...so close to getting a grip.
50-60 - You got this, maybe play other humans.
60-70 - Why are you playing Solo?
70+ - Are you a bot?
IjinNoMigite

Post by IjinNoMigite »

Might have to adjust my score ranking. Just scored an 80!
Almost a perfect board.
Ssserrrge

Post by Ssserrrge »

No need to invent your own scoring ranking :mrgreen:. The rules on the page 9 of the rulebook say:

---
SOLO MODE TARGET SCORE

The preliminary target score for the solo game is 60 medals, and
your final target score is adjusted based on the composition of the
event deck.

When the game is complete, compare your final score to the final
target score. Find your outcome below.

-15 medals: Critical Fail. We’re going to need another Planet.
-10 medals: Any sign of other survivors?
-5 medals: Low capacity, but at least we survive.
Target Score: Mission Complete and job well done.
+5 medals: Excellent work, you’ve earned a promotion.
+10 medals: This might be the best planet we’ve seen yet.
+15 medals: All stars have aligned because of you, Planeteer.
---

There are also several tables in the section above which are completely screwed up when I try to copy/paste them from PDF file and I'm too lazy to format them myself or too paranoid to take a screenshot and upload it to some shady pic sharing site like Imgur :mrgreen:. Basically, red and orange alerts lower the final target score while green ones raise it.

My personal best score was 88 playing Makeshift guys (whom I find extremely OP) on Charybdis on my third playthrough. However, this was not a "proper" solo playthrough (I played it with no events which SHOULD be included in solo mode as per the rules as I've found out afterwards). Since I've started to always include events, I was nowhere near that result: 30+ or 40+ is my usual result :(. Events really screw you up. In my perfect playthrough I mentioned above I managed to max out my planet (40 pts) and 3 trackers (15 pts), satisfied all 3 personal goals (15 pts), collected all 6 pods, a lot of meteorites and some more civ points. When playing with events, 90% of the time you have to throw one of your personal objectives out of the window, you lose some pods and meteorites and regress on your tracks heavily. But the main problem with events is that the game is limited to 20 turns, because when you run out of all 20 events it's a game over. This prevents you from completing your planet. In my perfect playthrough with no events I was able to lay down 23 tiles, which is obviously almost impossible with 20 turns.

Return to “Planet Unknown”