This isn't the Rami I know

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
vincenzo_ly

This isn't the Rami I know

Post by vincenzo_ly »

It may be a french variant but it's the one I knew in my family and that all my friends know.

For me, you need 51 points for the first card pose and a sequence wihout joker (Because there are jokers in my versions)

There are other differences but the main difference with BGA Rummy is this.

Is it only in France or someone else know this Rami ?
cigma

Re: This isn't the Rami I know

Post by cigma »

This is the Rummy I used to play:
- 2x52 cards + 6 jokers
- Only cards left on other players hands are scored as negative points. But if you clear all your hand in one go (Handstopp), those points are doubled.
- You could draw the top card of the deck or the top card of the discard only.
- The first cards you play have to have a sum of at least 30 points (or even, as a variant, 30 points in one single set). You may add cards to other players cards or exchange jokers only after this. But if you play "Handstopp", you are not limited by these rules.

As you can see, there are many variants in the Rummy world :-) But maybe asking for a minimum of points for your first play as a game option is worth a suggestion report? https://boardgamearena.com/bugs

However, I have to admit since I started to play which is the default game on BGA (Rummy 500, discard open to draw any, scoring played cards and cards in hand), I found it much more fun than the Rummy I used to play :D
I recommend you to give it a try!
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
ufm

Post by ufm »

Many public domain games have tons of variants all over the world.
Unfortunately, implementing all of them is practically impossible for obvious reasons.
So, I will not work on variants which are not major variants and do not significantly improve the game.
Lilidjla13

Post by Lilidjla13 »

Je suis française et les règles du rami ne sont pas les mêmes. Effectivement, il faut avoir 51 points pour déballer les cartes et avoir une suite franche. De plus, on a les jokers et la carte que l'on prend dans la défausse doit être mise en jeu immédiatement.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Return to “Rummy”