Custom Options - Advanced Options - Historical Weather

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Charlie Jehlen

Custom Options - Advanced Options - Historical Weather

Post by Charlie Jehlen »

Greetings,

My FTF buddy and I are starting our second campaign game, using the hotseat format.

During setup, under Custom Option - Advanced Options, a player may note he prefers to play with Historical Weather. This appears to be one of three options - the others being to roll on the table or always have Fair Weather.

I do not see any reference to Historical Weather in the rulebook. Where is the Historical Weather chart used in the BGA game?

Thanks for your assistance.
MarkDey

Re: Custom Options - Advanced Options - Historical Weather

Post by MarkDey »

Historical Weather only applies for certain scenarios, mainly for Arena matches. This way, both sides get the same weather each time. There is not a Historical Weather option for the Main Event scenario. What scenario are you playing?
Charlie Jehlen

Post by Charlie Jehlen »

We are playing the long game. We have been playing games since the late 60's and like the variables of this game. The online setup reduces the bookkeeping and makes the game flow smoothly. Well done to all involved!

Our interest in historical weather for campaigns is due to the effects of bad weather on strategic planning. In a dual match, random weather might give one side the advantage. Is there a way for the online game to replicate the weather rolls for the second game?
MarkDey

Post by MarkDey »

In a Duel game I can see how fixed weather would be necessary to ensure fair play. What you're looking for doesn't exist right now though.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”