Live Scoring

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Victoria_La

Live Scoring

Post by Victoria_La »

There are two suggestion currently open
- To add live scoring - https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=105308
- To remove live scoring (preview) - https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=107002

Trying to come up with some sort of compomise, which I added on first bug

To satisfy both we need game option, which has to be set during game creation,
possible values

- No live scroring - points are not updated (as now), and No score preview available either (unlike now)
- Live scoring - points are updated (unlike now), and score preview available (which explains the score, like now)
- No live scoring, but preview availale - exactly like now (i.e. its not in your face, so it up to you to peek or not)

Everybody will be happy if we do these options?
Last edited by Victoria_La on 31 March 2024, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
Onyx Storm

Re: Live Scoring

Post by Onyx Storm »

Love the idea of a game setting as you described!
RoyalRook

Post by RoyalRook »

Umm no, b/c there is never a good time to NOT knowing your live score. This is what make the digital version far superior, instead of counting everything, you can simply at a glance and sum up the board and your situation. Why choose the extra work with no additional awards? You enjoy game slow down in the end b/c players starting to bring out the excel sheet and see if they are winning or not? You like lower level of competition? Get guud and you will understand why dynamic scoring is always better.
ChuckFinley08

Post by ChuckFinley08 »

I would like the option to remove Live scoring. I'd prefer it all be removed, but at least have the option to remove the scoring for cards. That score often includes cards that are obstructed or completely hidden from your opponents. I prefer the reveal at the end.
biggetje

Post by biggetje »

ChuckFinley08 wrote: 03 April 2024, 01:27 I would like the option to remove Live scoring. I'd prefer it all be removed, but at least have the option to remove the scoring for cards. That score often includes cards that are obstructed or completely hidden from your opponents. I prefer the reveal at the end.
They're only hidden after being openly played though. So you're essentially forcing any competitive player to write down everything, which will slow down the game tremendously.

That's why the current system is perfect in my opinion. It caters to both casual players who want a "big reveal" at the end, and competitive players that want to know how to navigate the endgame perfectly to secure a win.

The second best option would be to have it publicly available in my opinion. Because in the end, no matter if you're competitive or more casual, nobody wants online boardgames to needlessly drag on for hours. Which is completely inevitable if you take away public scoring.
jaybmate

Post by jaybmate »

Would be great to have the options as described by OP. Currently it's not suited for those who want a big reveal, because you can currently see score total in score preview.
For those who don't like the option, just don't play with that option?
Viridisverron

Post by Viridisverron »

Looking forward to have the option to disable the Live scoring. It's fine to leave it on by default, but our group would prefer to match the feel of the physical game where it's hard to exactly know the current score.

Return to “Terraforming Mars”