Optional card ban: Podesta of Venice

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Kenny Michael-Otton

Optional card ban: Podesta of Venice

Post by Kenny Michael-Otton »

So without a doubt, Podesta of Venice is the most broken card in the game and it's not even close. I wrote a thread about this on BGG a few months back, but after just playing a game where I won the game on T1 just by the fact that I could buy Podesta, I am inspired to write it again.

No other card in the game is anywhere close to Podesta in terms of power. He turns games into non-events singlehandedly.

Is it at all possible to get a toggleable ban for this menace from Venice?
Thalack

Re: Optional card ban: Podesta of Venice

Post by Thalack »

Implementation wise it wouldn't be too difficult assuming ION Games give their approval for this. However while I agree it is a powerful card, I haven't seen any other comments like this. I am also a bit hesitant too just add game options as I feel it can be a slipperly slope. I will see if I can add some card specific statistics though and am also curious about other players opinions on this.
BajsKorviKaffet

Re: Optional card ban: Podesta of Venice

Post by BajsKorviKaffet »

Seems a bit hyperbolic. I have beaten the card several times (attack his concessions, take advantage of the fact that he is cycling through the deck and freeing up cards for you..And dont forget about the bishops ;) ).

Not to say its not a good card of course, its a great card. But so are the Jihad cards, I've had many games with a quick Holy Victory that was literally unstoppable! Thats a much bigger problem imo

Return to “Pax Renaissance”