Friends online notifications

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
ExaltedAngel

Friends online notifications

Post by ExaltedAngel »

Hello, is there a way to not show a notification in the list of moves of a game when a friend comes online? It's giga annoying especially when you afk for a while and coming back you have to refresh the page or you can't see last moves at all
nik592

Re: Friends online notifications

Post by nik592 »

No, but there's a suggestion you can vote for: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=29258 Don't hold your breath though, being the 5th most voted for bug/suggestion hasn't got it any attention so far.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

I literally opted out a friend request today because of this exact thing. It is incredibly distracting and ruins game logs.
ErikLevin

Post by ErikLevin »

If you are on a chromium based browser, the unofficial chrome extension solves this.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

ErikLevin wrote: 20 April 2024, 09:08 If you are on a chromium based browser, the unofficial chrome extension solves this.
Yes, and it can be solved by 2-3 lines of CSS, so it would be nice if it could be resolved on all browsers for all users. I have to assume since it's such a highly rated suggestion that it's not considered important despite all the votes and feedback, or there is some secondary reason to avoid making the change.

Ideally it could be a player profile preference, but I assume adding a new player preference is very hard on the BGA side.
ExaltedAngel

Post by ExaltedAngel »

ErikLevin wrote: 20 April 2024, 09:08 If you are on a chromium based browser, the unofficial chrome extension solves this.
Nice, which one is that? I found 4-5 different extensions for BGA on the store
Tof63

Post by Tof63 »

ExaltedAngel wrote: 23 April 2024, 03:05
Nice, which one is that? I found 4-5 different extensions for BGA on the store
This one : https://chromewebstore.google.com/detai ... kacb?hl=en

:)

Return to “Discussions”