Autoplay Reveal...please

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Aegis

Autoplay Reveal...please

Post by Aegis »

Seriously. Why do people have 2-3minutes every card to decide between "Make everyone wait" and "Continue the game". They have ZERO choices... so why is there a delay in the process? The game is about building the deck. The timers should be for "Actioning your revealed card where appropriate".

Please at the very minimum, give us an option to AUTOPLAY REVEAL as a game mode(so everyone is forced to use it...for fast games...).
GTSchemer

Re: Autoplay Reveal...please

Post by GTSchemer »

The option exists in turn-based mode.

For real-time games, it was specified this way for reasons:

1. The publisher's made the decision.
2. To respect new players, who otherwise would have no time to examine cards and understand the game's logic.
Melarnos

Post by Melarnos »

Hi!

Adding my voice here because I 100% agree with Aegis :D
And thank you GTSchemer for your explanation.

I have, however, a suggestion that maybe the publisher would consider:

What about implementing Autoplay reveal for real-time ARENA tables? (and since we're at it, making it part of the Arena format permanently)

Because the second reason you mention, GTSchemer, does not apply to Arena players: all of them have plaid multiple games since they've reached the Arena level.

Hope the publisher would consider this because, although I really love this game, waiting pointlessly for a player to just click on their deck is veeeery annoying :roll:

Cheers!
nccc

Post by nccc »

Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

GTSchemer wrote: 13 July 2023, 15:42 1. The publisher's made the decision.
2. To respect new players, who otherwise would have no time to examine cards and understand the game's logic.
At the risk of being a broken record, I would strongly urge the publisher to reconsider. Player options exist for this exact purpose. New players have to manually play their cards to learn the game because that's the default behavior. Once a player is experienced, they can set the player option and save themself the clicks.

Seems like a no brainer
Shockway

Post by Shockway »

Adding my reply to bump the thread. Definitely agree with having autoplay for the Arena format. Unlike other games where I can use the downtime to plan my next turn(s), most of the decision space comes during deck building. And while I'd like to get up and go do other things during the wait, there's a chance it becomes my turn to reveal the next card and cause a delay on my end. So spending minutes of staring at a screen with nothing happening just so I can reveal the next card on time is excruciating.
1000esqrtn1

Post by 1000esqrtn1 »

I second that, I don't know if people does it on purpose, but it is very annoying.

I have seen that a common behavior is to watch the other park, and once it ends they start playing. Watching the other park is cool for strategy but I think it is more intended as quick look, not a perfect analysis of an opponent's draft.

Anyways, without using autoplay (I personally love the emotion of clicking and seeing which card appears) I think we really need to work on the timers.
It is very frustrating for a player to have 2-3 minutes every time. The game should have a timer for the drafting phase and another for the match phase.
The second one should be something like 10-15 seconds per game maximum. There's no point on having 3 whole minutes for a single card.
Shockway

Post by Shockway »

1000esqrtn1 wrote: 29 April 2024, 08:47 I have seen that a common behavior is to watch the other park, and once it ends they start playing. Watching the other park is cool for strategy but I think it is more intended as quick look, not a perfect analysis of an opponent's draft.
This is a good point. I think a reason why this happens is because if you happen to finish your match before the other pair you'll get a notice that you won/lost with a confirmation button. If you don't confirm, your timer will keep running. So people may feel pressured, myself included, to confirm as soon as their match ends but then not get a chance to review the played cards of the other match.

A suggestion for this would be to give a 10-15 second review period after all the matches have completed.

I also agree with having less time for each card pull.
FusselTango

Post by FusselTango »

I add another vote for adding Autoplay as much as possible, at least in Arena. Please do your best and revert to the publisher with the communities feedback.

In one of my recent games, everything has been played to the end, round 7 was over and the guy that only won the first trophy simply didn't click on the button to confirm the game end. He knew that he has lost everything so he simply left. I had the best deck, (would have) won the final and yet needed to compromise with the quitting situation. This person did not have connection problem, this person just didn't want anyone to gain the arena points.

Almost 3 minutes per cards plus the confirmation at the end.. while clicking the button doesn't need any mental skills. It's no fun.
raspberryoolong

Post by raspberryoolong »

I would also greatly appreciate if this could be reconsidered for real-time games. Right now the wait also seems to create a self-fulfilling problem where some players get impatient from waiting and then start multi tasking and playing slow themselves, so the whole table is slow.

I understand the reasons/concerns. There could be a warning that this setting is not recommended for beginners, similar to how it already is in turn-based and how some games indicate that a given player count is not recommended.

Return to “Challengers”