ok I give up, what's the deal with forfeiting

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
KBishop

ok I give up, what's the deal with forfeiting

Post by KBishop »

I have had games that were a statistical loss and hit the forfeit flag. My opponent either accepts or declines. Twice now I've had people decline my forfeit. That forced me to figure out how to use the down vote button to hopefully avoid them.

BUT I've had games where I was given the option to accept a forfeit and at other times it just popped up that my opponent conceded.

so how do I concede without my opponent having the option to reject?
Jellby

Re: ok I give up, what's the deal with forfeiting

Post by Jellby »

First, the game progress needs to be 50% or higher. Then use main game menu (top right, three lines or "hamburger" icon) and choose concede (not quit).
Vandaley

Post by Vandaley »

Forfeit is for point games where you can give your opponent points but continue playing a new game. They can decline the forfeit, esp if you forfeit a game but not a gammon and they think they can get a gammon. Concede is where you concede the entire match, that one cannot be declined.
Boudica of Celtia

Post by Boudica of Celtia »

I have to admit that I refused a 1 point forfeit when I thought i can win gammon. But i didn't realize it was only a 1p match. My bad...
EdBear100Acres

Post by EdBear100Acres »

If you offer a 1 point forfeit after you have already borne off some pieces (so there is no possibility of a gammon), your opponent is not given the opportunity to refuse the forfeit.
Charlieboy80

Post by Charlieboy80 »

I did just this the other day in a 7 point tournament - I was offered a 1 point forfeit, declined (but stated in the chat that I was shooting for gammon) - thus offering my opponent a chance to forfeit with a gammon loss. He didn't - so I won. With a Gammon I might add!

It was quite a fun 7-pointer; and my opponent was friendly and chatty. Sometimes a little communication goes a long way.

Return to “Backgammon”