Some games are impossible to play on touch screen

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Ashibaal

Some games are impossible to play on touch screen

Post by Ashibaal »

The worst offenders by now have been Blood Rage and Ancient Knowledge. Zooming in and out, refreshing, leaving and coming back, clicking like a madman over every single pixel on the card works one time out of six.

This is extremely frustrating. I have been kicked out of nearly every Blood Rage I joined because this is a 4 player game and you need to be reactive quickly and play half a dozen turns every day. The drafting part is a nightmare because, I guess, the various number and disposition of cards makes it somehow even more difficult.

For some reason, the selection of phases in Race for the Galaxy is a nightmare as well. Selecting selling is downright impossible.

What can I do? Do other people encounter this?
Grimwold

Re: Some games are impossible to play on touch screen

Post by Grimwold »

I played Ancient Knowledge on phone, and I had no difficulties.

I never played the other games you mention on phone.
The most interface heavy game I play is Terraforming Mars, and again on phone it works fine.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

Ashibaal wrote: 11 May 2024, 10:01 The worst offenders by now have been Blood Rage and Ancient Knowledge. Zooming in and out, refreshing, leaving and coming back, clicking like a madman over every single pixel on the card works one time out of six.

This is extremely frustrating. I have been kicked out of nearly every Blood Rage I joined because this is a 4 player game and you need to be reactive quickly and play half a dozen turns every day. The drafting part is a nightmare because, I guess, the various number and disposition of cards makes it somehow even more difficult.

For some reason, the selection of phases in Race for the Galaxy is a nightmare as well. Selecting selling is downright impossible.

I suspect you have an iOS devise because i know that there are some general issue with them and recognizing click on bga.
utharlepreux

Post by utharlepreux »

I do join the OP. Playing on IOS may be very frustrating for some games. I play forest shuffle, reversi, res arcana and oxono with no problem but Race for the galaxy is almost unplayable because you can select action once out on 20 clicking action. Website is mostly non responding on actions.
Edgrois

Post by Edgrois »

+1 for iOS. A lot of clicking problems in the cards of ArkNova, it gets worse if it is a sponsor card.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

Ashibaal wrote: 11 May 2024, 10:01 The worst offenders by now have been Blood Rage and Ancient Knowledge. Zooming in and out, refreshing, leaving and coming back, clicking like a madman over every single pixel on the card works one time out of six.

This is a wide spread BGA/ iOS problem. No solution ever found. Apple intentionally tries to not play nicely with *any* other company. I have to skip many games if I am not home on my lap as my iOS mobile devices are no good with BGA.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

This is a wide spread BGA/ iOS problem. No solution ever found. Apple intentionally tries to not play nicely with *any* other company. I have to skip many games if I am not home on my lap as my iOS mobile devices are no good with BGA.

Return to “Discussions”