Cities & Knights error with Barbarians

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
raven419

Cities & Knights error with Barbarians

Post by raven419 »

So excited that Cities & Knights is finally available! However - it's extremely frustrating that I'm losing my city when the barbarians come even though I have an active knight and my opponents don't. Even if Barbarians win, only the lowest guarded (least active knights) player(s) should lose their cities. I'm having to build my knights' power up enough to cover the opponents cities and mine in order to beat the Barbarians and actually keep my own city. Why are the opponents not losing their cities? :cry:
bananasplay

Re: Cities & Knights error with Barbarians

Post by bananasplay »

raven419 wrote: 21 May 2024, 15:51 So excited that Cities & Knights is finally available! However - it's extremely frustrating that I'm losing my city when the barbarians come even though I have an active knight and my opponents don't. Even if Barbarians win, only the lowest guarded (least active knights) player(s) should lose their cities. I'm having to build my knights' power up enough to cover the opponents cities and mine in order to beat the Barbarians and actually keep my own city. Why are the opponents not losing their cities? :cry:
Since you haven't provided and table and move numbers, it's impossible to independently verify the existence of the error that you describe.

It also makes speculation far more likely—for example, I speculate whether, in your scenario, your opponents have any cities at all to lose.
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Florian Kleinknecht

Post by Florian Kleinknecht »

Same occured at https://boardgamearena.com/9/catan?table=515688482. Both human players lost their cities at the first barbarian attack, while the computer player kept his city. The human players both had an activated knight and the computer player did not.
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

Florian Kleinknecht wrote: 22 May 2024, 16:58 Same occured at https://boardgamearena.com/9/catan?table=515688482. Both human players lost their cities at the first barbarian attack, while the computer player kept his city. The human players both had an activated knight and the computer player did not.
Since the 3rd player is non-existent after he lost by time he probably is not considered regarding Barbarian attack. Thus only the active players lose cities.
nemanjaksenija

Post by nemanjaksenija »

Hi, where i can play a new version of catan cities and knights. Pleas sent me a link :D
DVC

Post by DVC »

nemanjaksenija wrote: 22 May 2024, 22:15 Hi, where i can play a new version of catan cities and knights. Pleas sent me a link :D
Just set up a Catan game (assuming you are Premium) and select the C&K variant option.

Return to “Catan”