A new lobby for BGA

What's new on BGA ?
jayerk

Re: A new lobby for BGA

Post by jayerk »

Really enjoying the new changes; feel like I'm in better control of what I see instead of the previous spasming and it's better organized IMO (although none of this surprised me after recently playing with the previous 'advanced' view options). I'm glad the suggestions are back and that the dev team seems to be taking feedback into account and implementing pretty quickly. The only suggestion I have is that there seems to be something strange between clicking 'rematch' vs. 'play again'. If you choose 'play again', it doesn't seem to bring the table that I'm interested in into focus, but to me, it's a minor thing.

I think the news that seems to have unfortunately gotten buried that's the most exciting (at least to me) is the Arena -- can't wait to see how the team implements it based on the other forum post!
Clavariag

Post by Clavariag »

nandblock wrote: 16 September 2019, 04:18 I was enjoying the new lobby but then it just seemed to change again today, for the worse: the cool thing about the new lobby was that you could create and open a table directly within the lobby. Now if I hit "Create Table" it takes me to a new page, where I have to open the table, then navigate back to the lobby manually. It's annoying and awkward. Is this a mistake or a deliberate change?
I totally agree with all of this. New lobby was good, and now this is an awkward change. Please revert to being able to open tables with one click from within the lobby. With this very latest change the lobby is completely reorganized every time one goes back to it. After laboriously organizing it the way I want for my favorite games, then creating a table and going back to the lobby to open a second table, all organization has been lost.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

nandblock wrote: 16 September 2019, 04:18 Now if I hit "Create Table" it takes me to a new page, where I have to open the table
This page is not new, this is the page of the table you used to have when clicking on "Create new table" on the old lobby.

If you read this forum, you'll see that the "quick create" button is creating a lot of confusion. Some players explained that they are not able to configure their game options, set restriction on table or invite players for example. I know that 80% of you understood how the "quick create" was working, but 20% didn't and that's a problem.

However, we WANT to re-introduce this button, we just need to find a solution that do not frustrate the 20%. In the meantime, I will have to ask you to be patient.
Clavariag

Post by Clavariag »

sourisdudesert wrote: 16 September 2019, 07:17
nandblock wrote: 16 September 2019, 04:18 Now if I hit "Create Table" it takes me to a new page, where I have to open the table
This page is not new, this is the page of the table you used to have when clicking on "Create new table" on the old lobby.
You misunderstand the English. Neither of us meant that the created table page is of a new format. It is readily discernible that
the page for the table is the same as it has been. It is the 'create' button which has been changed. What is incredibly awkward is
that clicking on the button now navigates one to the isolated table page, leaving the lobby. For the past few days one could
option-click this button and create a new window for the table if custom configuration was desired, while leaving the lobby visible
and intact. The 'create' button now seems to have been altered such that it forces navigation away from the lobby; it cannot be
option-clicked anymore.

Your work to implement the new lobby is most appreciated. It is unfortunate however, that one must cater to the 20% who are
not comprehending ..
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Clavariag wrote: 16 September 2019, 07:56 Your work to implement the new lobby is most appreciated. It is unfortunate however, that one must cater to the 20% who are
not comprehending ..
Yes, that's unfortunate, but we must consider these 20%. As I said, it's our intention to restore the possibility to create tables without leaving the lobby. We just need to find a suitable solution.
yoyote

Post by yoyote »

Idea :
-One button "Configure" who allows to configure the table options, staying in global lobby.
-One button "Create" who open the lobby page of the new table created.

Unabstainer

Post by Unabstainer »

I find it cool, and do you know who I am??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Respublik

Post by Respublik »

Why does BGA constantly keeps hitting me to the game page when starting a table if there's already configure button available. There's no point being there anyways in the current mode since ability to see other tables was transferred to the new lobby and completely removed there.

What is the point of this update if you wanna keep all the old options... Or at least is there a way to configure turning this redirect off?

Also just to reiterate my previous concerns - could there be a way to see personal evaluations such as green/red thumbs, notes, shared IP directly from the lobby rather then having to enter game table to see it. Or contrary to that make it visible on the white page when a game is launched?
Caused with the current update you made it quite difficult to spot these things if you aren't the one creating and maintaining the table.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Respublik wrote: 16 September 2019, 14:33 Why does BGA constantly keeps hitting me to the game page when starting a table if there's already configure button available.
Please read here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13978&start=200#p50271

Respublik wrote: 16 September 2019, 14:33 could there be a way to see personal evaluations such as green/red thumbs, notes, shared IP directly from the lobby rather then having to enter game table to see it.
This is planned to do so.
However, if you want to have a close control on your table, you'd better remains on the page for this table as this table. We want to bring some infos/controls to the lobby to allow you to make more things from the lobby, but we'll never move ALL infos and controls to the lobby.
Respublik

Post by Respublik »

sourisdudesert wrote: 16 September 2019, 15:04
Respublik wrote: 16 September 2019, 14:33 Why does BGA constantly keeps hitting me to the game page when starting a table if there's already configure button available.
Please read here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13978&start=200#p50271

Respublik wrote: 16 September 2019, 14:33 could there be a way to see personal evaluations such as green/red thumbs, notes, shared IP directly from the lobby rather then having to enter game table to see it.
This is planned to do so.
However, if you want to have a close control on your table, you'd better remains on the page for this table as this table. We want to bring some infos/controls to the lobby to allow you to make more things from the lobby, but we'll never move ALL infos and controls to the lobby.
I'm not talking about control from the lobby, rather just info being seen from either lobby or game start (white page) view. This is more important if you're joining game where shared IP or some player characteristics could be notable for pleasant gameplay.

And about the first thing - could this just be customizable in options? Both configure and open table buttons remain in the lobby as such there shouldn't be problems for players to choose themselves wherever they require auto redirect or not.

Return to “BGA release notes”