All Player's average Starting position

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
leonbloo2

All Player's average Starting position

Post by leonbloo2 »

All Players' average Starting position in the first round. How is this calculated? When I look at My Statistics for the game, the "All Players' average Starting position in the first round" is reported as 1.68. If the first player is 1, the second player is 2 and the third player is 3, shouldn't the overall average starting position in the first round be 2? I am presuming there is an equal chance of playing at each position. But regardless of that, the overall average should be the middle. Which is somehow 1.68.

Is there an explanation of how the statistics are calculated somewhere?
Jellby

Re: All Player's average Starting position

Post by Jellby »

Not all games are 3-player games.
leonbloo2

Re: All Player's average Starting position

Post by leonbloo2 »

Ah, yes. Of course. I was just about to delete this post because I realized this just after posting. Just many more 2 player games than 3 or 4.

I do wonder if there is some position advantage to going earlier or later in the first round and that is why I was interested in this stat. The winner's average is lower than the overall average so it appears as if there is an advantage to going earlier in the first round.

Return to “Akropolis”