Mini Monday Release: TTR 1910 Expansions!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

Mini Monday Release: TTR 1910 Expansions!

Post by DrClick »

🚂 USA 1910 is an expansion for the base version of Ticket to Ride.
In this expansion you will find new Destination cards and a Globetrotter card
which gives 15 extra points to the player who completes the most objectives!

USA 1910 ads 3 new game modes to the base game!

3 new ways to conquer the USA!
The first game mode is 1910, in which you play Ticket to Ride with Destination cards
and the "Globetrotter" bonus card from USA 1910, but remove the Destination and "Longest Route" bonus cards.
The second mode is The Mega Game, where you play with ALL the Destination and Bonus cards from the base game and USA 1910.
Finally, this expansion also features Big Cities, where you play with only the Destination cards linking
cities contained in Ticket to Ride and USA 1910.

A whole host of Tickets to Ride and add-ons to enrich your games!

Access Board Game Arena now and select your new game options!
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=tickettoride
thoun

Re: Mini Monday Release: TTR 1910 Expansions!

Post by thoun »

And to easily know which option is activated when you play, just look at the image in the bottom left corner of the map :

The standard image means no expansion:

1910 :

The mega game :

The Big Cities :
menettm

Post by menettm »

Thanks Thoun,
We have to test now... :P
MasterMar

Post by MasterMar »

When will Catan and Pandemic get expansions, if ever?
brightfame

Post by brightfame »

Can someone explain how the scoring works at the end in the 1910 version? I know that the player with the most completed routes earns an extra 15 points in place of the destination bonus card's extra 10 points, but what if there are multiple players that complete the same number of routes? Do they all get the extra points? Are there any other differences in the way scoring works for this version as opposed to the original?
thoun

Post by thoun »

Yes there can be multiple extra win, like the longest route.
Else scoring is the same.
mustardtet

Post by mustardtet »

That's a great start. Thank you. Now hopefully we'll also get some of the other expansions (I'd love Europe, Switzerland and Nordic Countries).
MadManMark

Post by MadManMark »

[EDITED to remove bad information that 1910 is a standalone game]

Great news! My only immediate critique is that this could have been implemented as a distinct game from TTR USA on BGA. The reason this distinction is important is because then there would also be distinct ELO rankings, arena seasons, etc. I think many other TTR players would prefer that too (to the extent they had any preference at all).

Not to take away from the great news, but I hope this BGA "packaging" decision is revisited. Or at the very least, when you do roll out TTR version with completely different components across the board, maps, tickets and so on (Europe, etc) you at least don't make those more variations on the single BGA game selection, you make them distinct games here (as they are IRL)
Last edited by MadManMark on 20 July 2023, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
djheini

Post by djheini »

MadManMark wrote: 15 July 2023, 17:04 Great news! My only immediate critique is that this should have been implemented as a distinct game from TTR USA on BGA -- as it is in real life, 1910 is a standalone game, not an expansion or rule variation; you can play 1910 without owning the original TTR USA, owning one does not give you the game components to play the other, and playing one does not rely on game components from the other (as would, say, 7 Wonders)

The reason this distinction is important is because then there would also be distinct ELO rankings, arena seasons, etc. I think if you took a poll of TTR players, to the extent they had any preference at all about this, 95%+ would prefer to have that.

Not to take away from the great news, but I hope this BGA "packaging" decision is revisited. Or at the very least, when you do roll out TTR version with completely different maps as well (Europe etc), you don't also make those variations of the same single BGA game selection.
I bought the physical 1910 as an expansion that required the base game, and I don't recall seeing it sold as a standalone game like Europe is.
menettm

Post by menettm »

In France also 1910 is an expansion for USA, like 1912 is an expansion for EUROPE version.
These 2 expansions are à little box with only cards. See the picture in top of this topic ! :roll:
I have bougth the 10th year aniversary USA version which is USA + 1910 with big cards, a big map and luxury wagons.
But like MadMadMark, I propose that 1910 version be a different game to not mix the ELO from TTR with ELO from 1910. 8-)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”