Final phases changed?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Laurentio

Final phases changed?

Post by Laurentio »

I have now had several games where in the final phase 1 player alone was allowed to decide on "double or nothing" and on the scoring of the associations. Has this been changed in general or how?
From my point of view, this takes a lot of the fun out of the game, you work the whole time with individual actions towards this common final phase and then all but 1 player get virtually nothing of it?
nena1502

Re: Final phases changed?

Post by nena1502 »

seems like and totally agree with you. In addition I played with someone who cheated (the player proposed different words for some of the items and said we were correct if one of her words was the same as mine) I really did not like it!
Kezl

Post by Kezl »

Thanks for posting this. I was trying to find the setting to make it collaborative again. I wonder if it's worth creating a bug report under rules not being followed. Or suggested improvement to add it as an option?

I get that some players may prefer this to "speed up" games. But I agree, I found the discussion and collaboration fun
Laurentio

Post by Laurentio »

I made a bug report, please vote it up, thanks.
Débo Jeux

Post by Débo Jeux »

Hello, we've changed the scoring phase in response to player feedback. In turn-based mode, the final phase was particularly long. But we fully understand your comments and we'll see if we can make this change optional. Debora for Tiki Editions
Laurentio

Post by Laurentio »

Optional would be great, thx. And at least an initial check from all players like in the double or nothing phase.
Daisyjo

Post by Daisyjo »

Laurentio wrote: 29 October 2023, 00:51 Optional would be great, thx. And at least an initial check from all players like in the double or nothing phase.
Yes, we should all be able to verify as we play from all over the world some people may not understand something is a match due to a language barrier.
Laurentio

Post by Laurentio »

Débo Jeux wrote: 27 October 2023, 11:38 Hello, we've changed the scoring phase in response to player feedback. In turn-based mode, the final phase was particularly long. But we fully understand your comments and we'll see if we can make this change optional. Debora for Tiki Editions
I guess we won't get this option (back)?

Return to “Perfect Words”