Request for Game Options

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
NightNightTime

Request for Game Options

Post by NightNightTime »

I'm a longtime OTB player, new to playing Splendor by correspondence. The implementation on this site is beautiful. There are a few house rules my friends and I have adopted, and I'm wondering if they could be added.

1. Play to 21. This seems easy to add! The game always gets lively toward the end, and this extends the fun.
2. Single noble rule. If you have been visited by a noble already, qualifying for subsequent nobles removes them from play but does not add points to your score.
3. Top row mandatory - you must buy at least one card from the top row (goes well with #1).

Thank you!
Remkar

Re: Request for Game Options

Post by Remkar »

NightNightTime wrote: 24 October 2023, 04:47 I'm a longtime OTB player, new to playing Splendor by correspondence. The implementation on this site is beautiful. There are a few house rules my friends and I have adopted, and I'm wondering if they could be added.

1. Play to 21. This seems easy to add! The game always gets lively toward the end, and this extends the fun.
2. Single noble rule. If you have been visited by a noble already, qualifying for subsequent nobles removes them from play but does not add points to your score.
3. Top row mandatory - you must buy at least one card from the top row (goes well with #1).

Thank you!
House rules are never allowed on BGA. Everything has to be authorized by the publisher.
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

NightNightTime wrote: 24 October 2023, 04:47 3. Top row mandatory - you must buy at least one card from the top row (goes well with #1).
There's a Marvel-themed Splendor re-release which tweaks some of the rules: you must have at least one card of each colour, a top row card, and 16+ points to win. Also, when you buy your first top row card your coin limit is effectively reduced by one; and there's a movable "noble" who goes to the person with most purchased cards that have a new Marvel Character symbol on them. It's probably more likely that this sequel will be added to BGA than that they'll add house rules.
NightNightTime

Post by NightNightTime »

I see, that's understandable. In Kingdom Builder, there is an option to omit one of the victory condition cards. That seems more like a house rule than a publisher-approved tweak, but I could be mistaken.

Thank you for clarifying. I guess I'll look forward to the Marvel version and/or expansions.

Return to “Splendor”