Why can't You restart turn after using "play 1-4 occupation cards"

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Seraphic Seal

Why can't You restart turn after using "play 1-4 occupation cards"

Post by Seraphic Seal »

As in title.
I'm quite tilted - played the first card, but wasn't sure how will it play - it was hornblower. (pay 1 money to use hunting action, and/or pay 2 money to use set a trap action). I wasn't sure if it actually requires workers or not, so decided to check. I saw only option for hunting or to pass, I had only 1 free worker so assumed it requires worked to use. There was no button to restart/go back or anything. So I passed hoping there will be option at the end of the action. Well, there wasn't. So for my whole 3 worker turn I played 1 occupation card without any effect...
KeithHendricks

Re: Why can't You restart turn after using "play 1-4 occupation cards"

Post by KeithHendricks »

Anytime you reveal new information (like the card draw on 3 Viking action spaces) the move can’t be taken back. The Play 1-4 action is a 3 Viking action with a card draw, so if you choose to draw the card first, you can’t redo or undo your action.
danielvictor

Re: Why can't You restart turn after using "play 1-4 occupation cards"

Post by danielvictor »

What you say about not being able to undo an action when extra information has been revealed is true.However,in some games [ I encountered this in lost ruins of Arnak] you then do confusingly get an undo button but it doesn't work.

Return to “A Feast for Odin”