Your server disconnected. I couldn't get back into the game.

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Rex Goodheart

Your server disconnected. I couldn't get back into the game.

Post by Rex Goodheart »

And while the disconnect penalty was cancelled (thank you for that) I was still charged with negative 24 ELO points for finishing last.

It's unreasonable for anybody to sit around waiting for a server crash to clear up in the chance that the game will continue. In this case, I'm not sure that it even did. Were all four players charged with last place?

While it's nice that penalties for leaving the game are cancelled when the server crashes you should not change ELO points at all for anybody who happened to be playing. Just terminate the active games without ELO modifications or penalties.

Thank you for your attention.

table=440725795
Rex Goodheart

Re: Your server disconnected. I couldn't get back into the game.

Post by Rex Goodheart »

So, interestingly, I got an email notification that states "we judged that you may have been forced to leave the game due to a BGA server issue; therefore, we have removed it and restored your Karma and the ELO lost due to this penalty."

Unfortunately, that is not the case. My ELO took a 24 point hit.

"
SgtBob49

Post by SgtBob49 »

I was just disconnected from a game of Memoir 44 because my internet server went down and about two minute later it came back up and my opponent ended the game. I was far ahead and received a 10-point penalty for the disconnect and a 10-point penalty for losing the game. I wish to get this restored. Please advise. Thanks. SgtBob49
nik592

Post by nik592 »

SgtBob49 wrote: 09 April 2024, 20:20 I was just disconnected from a game of Memoir 44 because my internet server went down and about two minute later it came back up and my opponent ended the game. I was far ahead and received a 10-point penalty for the disconnect and a 10-point penalty for losing the game. I wish to get this restored. Please advise. Thanks. SgtBob49
If your internet went down, then those are penalties you will have to live with. Everyone probably gets one of those penalties from time to time, it's not a big deal in the general scheme of your ELO and the karma will be earned back by continuing to play (and not taking further penalties).

(disclaimer: not BGA staff, just another user, who has also had an internet problem on occasion, and lost ELO and karma because of it - and asked a similar question on the forums the first time it happened to me)
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Rex Goodheart wrote: 18 November 2023, 17:59 So, interestingly, I got an email notification that states "we judged that you may have been forced to leave the game due to a BGA server issue; therefore, we have removed it and restored your Karma and the ELO lost due to this penalty."
Then this should be a bug report not a forum post. Its not clear what you want other players to do about it.

Just to clarify because BGA has always been fairly clear on this. When you personally get an intermittent internet problem, that is on you, you just have to take the hit and accept it. When there is some sort of site wide server outage BGA tries to revert all the penalties associated with that (how successful they are is a different question, but they definitely try to).
abcde

Post by abcde »

I had the same problem today. My internet was and is working fine throughout the time. BGA server disconnected me twice. The first time I wa able to regain access to BGA after a few minutes and only took a time out penalty. The 2nd time it took over 10 minutes to regain access to BGA. I was expelled from the game - got expel penalty, took 10% repulation lost and 27 ELO points.

I have not received any message stating they would recind the expel penalty, or return the 10% repulation lost or the 27 ELO points.

I just got a message of how rude it was to leave games.

Return to “Discussions”