Changing the Rules video for Azul

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
T_saur

Changing the Rules video for Azul

Post by T_saur »

I'm just wondering something. I've been on BGA since 2020. I remember even back then when I had tried to learn Azul, that the rules video on the page didn't help me at all. I remember feeling unsure whether the video was bad or if I was just bad at following along with it.

Fast forward to now. I love Azul. I've played it plenty of times, and it's one of my favorite games. I recently tried to get my mom onto BGA, too, thinking Azul would be a great game for her to get into. I remembered that last experience I had and I went to verify the rules video on the page.

It's the same damn video.

Is there a reason that it hasn't been updated to something else? Both Becca Scott and Meeple University each have how to play videos which I haven't even watched, but I'm sure they must be better than the current one which is, truthfully, an absolutely abysmal rules video. Doubly so when it's being used as the go-to explanation for the game. Even as someone who knows Azul inside and out at this point, it's still tough to follow what he's doing in that video.

So why hasn't that been changed by now? We all know that Azul gets flaunted as a fantastic gateway game, and I fully agree. However, if that's the video that potentially burgeoning gamers coming to this site will first be exposed to, I wouldn't blame them for being immediately put off from ever trying the game. I wouldn't blame them for also being actively discouraged from thinking they can learn it.

Thoughts?
thoun

Re: Changing the Rules video for Azul

Post by thoun »

Anyone can add links and upvote/downvote videos ;)
T_saur

Post by T_saur »

Well, this one's a big egg on my face. I can't lie, I have never noticed that you can freely add links to those pages, or that there are even other videos available there. I never looked further into the instruction pages than the first video. You've just blown my mind a little.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

thoun wrote: 10 December 2023, 17:05 Anyone can add links and upvote/downvote videos ;)
Actually, I don't think you can downvote them. You can upvote or report. But reporting a video just because you think it's bad quality does not seem fair (to the video or to the moderators).
Matis_

Post by Matis_ »

I was courious so i checked the video, and i agree, the video is pretty bad.
thoun

Post by thoun »

Jellby wrote: 11 December 2023, 08:59
thoun wrote: 10 December 2023, 17:05 Anyone can add links and upvote/downvote videos ;)
Actually, I don't think you can downvote them. You can upvote or report. But reporting a video just because you think it's bad quality does not seem fair (to the video or to the moderators).
If there is a better video doing the same purpose, you can report the bad one as duplicate.

Return to “Azul”