Mulligan option

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ithilion

Mulligan option

Post by ithilion »

Hello everyone,

I'm currently rediscovering War Chest since I've been on BGA, and I really love this game.

However, I wanted to check if I'm the only one who would like to have the option to activate a mulligan on the first draw?

Even though it's not in the rules, it could mitigate the penalizing randomness of a Turn 1 with the royal seal and 2 different weak units, which, in my opinion, is quite frustrating in some games...

I'm still surprised that this basic mechanic hasn't been implemented in the game rules or in the expansions for a strategic draft game of this type.
pbjme

Re: Mulligan option

Post by pbjme »

Yeah, that first draw can be a real make-or-break situation. Early development is critical in War Chest and losing your first three turns to bad draws can be a game ender - especially when playing against a strong opponent.
Mulligan is interesting, but I don’t ever see it happening.
yaron

Re: Mulligan option

Post by yaron »

I like the optional rule that lets you see your second triplet when playing your first one. Without changing the actual draw, it lets you avoid a null 2nd round.

Return to “War Chest”