A grouping of games (other than favorites)

Suggestions & ideas / Suggestions & idées
KDLadage

A grouping of games (other than favorites)

Post by KDLadage »

Hi!

My game group is trying to not have members of the group constantly having to learn new games every time we get together. The idea is that we play several sessions of a few games before we rotate a game out of the queue and replace it with another one.

This has me wondering: could BGA be updated to allow each member to have their favorites as well as a number of other "groups" of games. The name of each of these groups would be set by the user (so I might create a new group and call it "Current Queue"). I could then add and remove games from this new group independent of the favorites list.

Just a thought. Thanks!
Meeplelowda

Re: A grouping of games (other than favorites)

Post by Meeplelowda »

KDLadage wrote: 29 December 2023, 19:54 Hi!

My game group is trying to not have members of the group constantly having to learn new games every time we get together. The idea is that we play several sessions of a few games before we rotate a game out of the queue and replace it with another one.

This has me wondering: could BGA be updated to allow each member to have their favorites as well as a number of other "groups" of games. The name of each of these groups would be set by the user (so I might create a new group and call it "Current Queue"). I could then add and remove games from this new group independent of the favorites list.

Just a thought. Thanks!
This function already exists. On this page https://boardgamearena.com/gamelist you can create custom lists. For example, I have a list of games that I've seen reviewed that I want to try. To create a list, mouseover a game and on the pop-up click the + symbol, then click "Add to a list."
KDLadage

Post by KDLadage »

Thank you!

Is it possible to show this list on the PLAY NOW page? I only see the FAVORITES list on that page and no option to add/remove others.
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

KDLadage wrote: 21 March 2024, 16:40 Thank you!

Is it possible to show this list on the PLAY NOW page? I only see the FAVORITES list on that page and no option to add/remove others.
We wish, but IIRC they have said they do not want to develop the play now page and eventually force everyone to use the awful new game page lobbies instead. Like most people you find the original version preferable once you become familiar with it. I really don't know why they can't understand that the majority of users prefer the old site, and just update it with the basic improvements people suggested before the awful new lobby pages were developed.
landon1013

Post by landon1013 »

KenFin1 wrote: 21 March 2024, 16:58
KDLadage wrote: 21 March 2024, 16:40 Thank you!

We wish, but IIRC they have said they do not want to develop the play now page and eventually force everyone to use the awful new game page lobbies instead. Like most people you find the original version preferable once you become familiar with it. I really don't know why they can't understand that the majority of users prefer the old site, and just update it with the basic improvements people suggested before the awful new lobby pages were developed.
Interesting. I NEVER use the Play Now page unless I am quickly trying to find a new game that I qualify for Arena. I much prefer using the Games page instead of Play Now.

And I feel like the Games page works great with lists. You have "All Games" and then your lists.

Meeplelowda wrote: 30 December 2023, 02:24
KDLadage wrote: 29 December 2023, 19:54 Hi!

Just a thought. Thanks!
This function already exists. On this page https://boardgamearena.com/gamelist you can create custom lists. For example, I have a list of games that I've seen reviewed that I want to try. To create a list, mouseover a game and on the pop-up click the + symbol, then click "Add to a list."
My only wish is there was an easy way to share my created lists with a friend. I have a list of "Want to Play" it would be nice to hand that list over to a friend and say pick one.
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

Can you give me the link for the page you're referring to. I wonder if there's a page I haven't seen at this doesn't seem to be an option on the pages I'm talking about
kengi

Post by kengi »

I wish I could share lists of games as well. For example, having a list of "I'll always play these if you invite me to a game" would be great for sharing with friends. Or sharing a list of "I've not played these, but I'd like to learn" to teaching groups.
Ken Grazier (he/him)
Owner of Geek-Craft
Proud member of Punchboard Media
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Return to “Suggestions”