“Theoretically perfect game” challenge

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
jasonred79

“Theoretically perfect game” challenge

Post by jasonred79 »

Here’s a challenge I came up with. Try to construct the “Theoratically perfect game” assuming perfect luck. Like,the highest scoring run possible, in the shortest amount of time. Build speed would be the biggest constraint. Deduct 3 points for every turn spent.
Fletcheese

Re: “Theoretically perfect game” challenge

Post by Fletcheese »

It definitely starts with building "Build > Pick", "Pick > Draw" triggers, and then following that up with multiple "Build > VPs" of the same color. Excluding triggers, there should only be two Pick actions for the whole game, the rest builds. The midgame builds a bunch of Gizmos of the VP color that trigger for more VPs before ending on two of the VP doubler Gizmos (Level III multi-color) to trigger all of them.

Not going to calculate it but I suspect the total falls in the 70s?
Ranior

Post by Ranior »

I also haven't bothered to calculate it out, but I'm not convinced that 3vp per turn is a good way to look at it, as I suspect I can come up with builds and situations where you'd happily give up 3vp for another turn but that doesn't feel realistic to a game.

Something like 20 turns cap, and then the max score involves the end game pay out of all 4 multicolors triggering all the build-pick gizmos you have and all the build-vp gizmos. I might bother working it out some other day if I'm more bored than right now.
Boricua1

Post by Boricua1 »

Well I haven't been able to do 70 yet, but I did get a 61 once:

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=448764553

I presume with a cooperative opponent(s), a higher score could be achieved. My humble game mentioned above was not a cooperative effort.

Best wishes.
Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

I spent way too much time on this but it was actually quite fun:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

As mentioned in the sheet, my key self-imposed restriction is to build EVERY turn if we can (have any energy). Repeatedly picking to build only lvl 3s is not interesting.

Check my math, see if you can do better :)

EDIT: the grand total I arrived at was a whopping 148 points. This surprised me, but I guess that's what happens when you assume perfect luck.
DogEgg258

Post by DogEgg258 »

Fletcheese wrote: 22 January 2024, 18:18 I spent way too much time on this but it was actually quite fun:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

As mentioned in the sheet, my key self-imposed restriction is to build EVERY turn if we can (have any energy). Repeatedly picking to build only lvl 3s is not interesting.

Check my math, see if you can do better :)

EDIT: the grand total I arrived at was a whopping 148 points. This surprised me, but I guess that's what happens when you assume perfect luck.
Hello, your table is a bit hard to read. I tried reading two lines and a question arose. Did you not plan your actions according to the card table?

For example, "Build R > trg_bB_pick" is to build a red card, and its effect is to be able to pick when building a blue card. But there is no such card in the game.

I didn't study the following carefully, but if you don't follow the card list, the final score will definitely be ridiculously high.
Last edited by DogEgg258 on 26 January 2024, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
DogEgg258

Post by DogEgg258 »

II made an attempt by starting with one color and following the scoring method of the optimal solution, and finally got 90 points. I believe the final score might be a little different if I started with the other 3 colors, but I'm not prepared to keep trying.

Fletcheese

Post by Fletcheese »

DogEgg258 wrote: 26 January 2024, 08:19 Hello, your table is a bit hard to read. I tried reading two lines and a question arose. Did you not plan your actions according to the card table?

For example, "Build R > trg_bB_pick" is to build a red card, and its effect is to be able to pick when building a blue card. But there is no such card in the game.

I didn't study the following carefully, but if you don't follow the card list, the final score will definitely be ridiculously high.
I am actually the developer of Gizmos. So yes I did double check that the Gizmos I used actually exist by comparing against the CSV I used while making the game :)

Here is the Gizmo that you are alleging does not exist:

Maybe you just got confused by my notation? I'm saying I built a Red Gizmo that will trigger a pick action on building a Black Gizmo.
DogEgg258

Post by DogEgg258 »

Fletcheese wrote: 26 January 2024, 18:07
DogEgg258 wrote: 26 January 2024, 08:19 Hello, your table is a bit hard to read. I tried reading two lines and a question arose. Did you not plan your actions according to the card table?

I am actually the developer of Gizmos. So yes I did double check that the Gizmos I used actually exist by comparing against the CSV I used while making the game :)

Here is the Gizmo that you are alleging does not exist:

Maybe you just got confused by my notation? I'm saying I built a Red Gizmo that will trigger a pick action on building a Black Gizmo.
Sorry, that was my mistake.
I used the pictures of all the cards to search, so I may have missed it.
Since it was unbelievable to score more than 100 points, I confirmed it as a matter of course. Sorry for that.
jasonred79

Post by jasonred79 »

I actually have a screenshot of a game that I went above 100 score, where I built both the +2 VP T3 gizmos.
Sadly it was a game where my opponent went missing on BGA and I was playing against myself, so I had infinite turns to messs around, so it hardly counts.

Hmm, so in a game with perfect luck, starting of with a t1 build card is better than a t2 build card?

Return to “Gizmos”