Prevented from reporting insults

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
wrldtrvllr

Re: Prevented from reporting insults

Post by wrldtrvllr »

Looking at my old emails, I see that my last five reports were made in March, May, June and November last year, and January this year. There is no way for me now to see what I actually reported. There is no way to tell whether or not a report was acted upon. There was no way for me to know that they had not been. Springing an apparently permanent block on reporting on me for making five reports over the course of a full year is really ridiculous.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

wrldtrvllr wrote: 19 March 2024, 09:35
N_Faker wrote: 17 March 2024, 23:14 It is a permanent block on reporting.
Is this written down anywhere?
Nope. But that was how it was set from the beginning, I doubt it has changed.
Reporting previously had a general message that alluded to this block though, now it just says "you may be punished instead".
The Cereal Killer

Post by The Cereal Killer »

Since there are two announcements about "challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban" and a Contact button that have been clearly ignored when publishing this post it should not be surprising the punishment you have been subjected to.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

The Cereal Killer wrote: 19 March 2024, 16:28 Since there are two announcements about "challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban" and a Contact button that have been clearly ignored when publishing this post it should not be surprising the punishment you have been subjected to.
OP hasn't been moderated, so isn't challenging a moderation.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

I highly doubt they want people reporting every minor infraction even though they say they do. If someone is already on their 4th failed report then they probably see them as a problem for abusing the system. The 5th failed report is most likely a win for them because now they can take away your right and don't have to put up with more bad reports (that's assuming that is a fact).

I'm guessing you can't access verdicts because they don't want people complaining about the verdict? I'm unsure. But I find it very odd that I cannot find the verdicts to my own appeals. Also because what is an insult can be very opinionated this may cause for people unknowingly making bad reports. Hence, why you see threads with users asking why they were moderated for something that doesn't seem inappropriate to them. How can someone know they are filing bad reports if they are never told?

Also op there is a way to see your last report if that helps any.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

The moderation policy lists rudeness as a valid reason for a report. Examples that are listed include "zzzzzz", "faster!", "hurry up!", "play!".
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

N_Faker wrote: 19 March 2024, 18:36 The moderation policy lists rudeness as a valid reason for a report. Examples that are listed include "zzzzzz", "faster!", "hurry up!", "play!".
Which is why I'm confused as to how someone can get 5 consecutive failed reports because it appears you can be reported for the littlest of things. Can you report someone if they say faster "please"? Or if people are chatting a lot and you say just "play"?
I recently had someone tell me to play faster. I didn't think "I should report this player". Something came up, I was gone for a minute, and then I apologized for my absence. You could say it was rude of me to keep people waiting. If someone is continuously saying "faster" while someone is playing at a decent pace then those are two separate situations but mods aren't differentiating the two.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

ChiefPointThief wrote: 19 March 2024, 19:06
And seeing as the reports were sent within a timespan of nearly a full year, and how OP even bothered to make a forum post it doesn't seem like they would send blank or reports that would otherwise not even fulfill the requirement of rudeness.
xate

Post by xate »

wrldtrvllr wrote: 17 March 2024, 17:40 "Sorry but the 5 last reports you submitted to moderation did not manage to convince our moderation team (no ToS violations, or not accurate enough). You cannot write any other reports for now."

I have only ever made moderation reports where there was a clear violation of the terms of service, which I carefully described. At no point have I received any response to any report indicating what the outcome was, so I could not possibly have guessed that any report "did not manage to convince" anyone. So this message is strange. Someone just insulted me after a game, but apparently now I will never again be able to report such abuse?
You have made 33 reports of which half were deemed Not Guilty.

In addition to this, there were multiple instances where the reports were duplicates of other reports from you, where we had already moderated and already deemed either Guilty or Not Guilty, and you again reported the same player for the same reason multiple times. This wastes the valuable time our volunteer moderators spend looking into cases and is unfair both to them and to the rest of the players waiting for the reports they submitted to be reviewed.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

xate wrote: 19 March 2024, 20:31 You have made 33 reports of which half were deemed Not Guilty.

In addition to this, there were multiple instances where the reports were duplicates of other reports from you, where we had already moderated and already deemed either Guilty or Not Guilty, and you again reported the same player for the same reason multiple times. This wastes the valuable time our volunteer moderators spend looking into cases and is unfair both to them and to the rest of the players waiting for the reports they submitted to be reviewed.
On this topic, is there any way to see guilty / not guilty report status? I see in my notifications only one report being closed, which I think was Not Guilty, but I can't find the status, or any earlier results (e.g. to make sure I am not close to 5 consecutive Not Guilty reports).

Return to “Discussions”