Arena needs to be four player or two.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
judoka13

Arena needs to be four player or two.

Post by judoka13 »

Three players is just an excuse for 2v1. Just had three dragons target me and i was already in last. So now 0 chance of improving when i have lost three turns. Four players or two. More targets or only one.
Andrewsmile

Re: Arena needs to be four player or two.

Post by Andrewsmile »

Getting countered can feel bad, but I think your victim mentality clouded your judgement of the game. I've watched the replay of the game where this happened to you:

https://boardgamearena.com/archive/repl ... s=86610938;

and funnily enough when you rage quit you didn't actually have the worst position to win as unlikely as it may sound- alex's board is full with no way to generate more points. You have lots of space, a money generator, and a payoff with rock golem. If you had stuck it out instead of blindly rage-quitting you had a great chance to pull 2nd place or even win. I currently hold both the #1 and #2 arena spot- being countered is all that happens to me, and by both players almost every game. I've published a guide where I laid out all of my usual strategies and what to look out for. Despite this, I keep playing and I keep winning. If you practice up and analyze your games you will get better and win in the long run even if you have the occasional game where nothing goes your way. Blaming the player count is just lazy.
2vexia

Post by 2vexia »

I would personally prefer arena to be 2 players
It's a quite more competitive format imo, and would make matchmaking faster as an added benefit
Andrewsmile

Post by Andrewsmile »

The gurus have voted on 2 player for next season =)
2vexia

Post by 2vexia »

That's exciting c:
Darshan_P

Post by Darshan_P »

I went through the game link and could immediately see so many bad play choices. And the discard of those cards was boon in disguise.

Return to “The Vale of Eternity”