Scoring in a tournament - swiss mode

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
HawkBln

Scoring in a tournament - swiss mode

Post by HawkBln »

Hey everybody,

just joined a tournament of "Forest Shuffle" Swiss Mode.
But i don't understand the scoring. even the moderator does not :-(
How many points are there for first, second , third and forth place in a 2, 3 an 4player game?
6 points for a victory in a 2player game and even in a 4player game seems not fair to me.

I'm very thankfull for explanation!

Greatings
Hawk
nik592

Re: Scoring in a tournament - swiss mode

Post by nik592 »

I'm assuming you mean the tournament you joined in the last day which starts later this month. It's in the setup options of the tournament:
Points attribution based on results +6, +5, +3, +1, 0, 0, 0...
There are only two options for this in a Swiss tournament - basically this, or a 1st/2nd/3rd only model which awards similar points.

What about it seems not fair?

I will point out that while they have established a minimum of 2 players per match, that will only happen if there is a shortfall of players for a particular round. In general, everyone will be playing 4p games. If they chose not to specify that, then some players would get a bye each round (different players each round) which can also awards them the full points (again, it's a tournament setting, but I think I've often seen it done that way).
HawkBln

Re: Scoring in a tournament - swiss mode

Post by HawkBln »

Thy Nik.
After your Explanation everything seems to be fair :-)
"2 player minimum" sounds for me like you have the choice with how many players you play.
And then it would be not fair.
But if a 2player game is only an exception when the number of players can't be divided through 4, everything is ok.
Thx again!
Hawk

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”