Responding to a closed bug

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
nik592

Responding to a closed bug

Post by nik592 »

So I've had a couple of bugs/suggestions I've recently raised where the dev has come back and essentially disagreed with me that they're a bug (or aren't already dealt with). No issues with that, but I'm curious what happens if I then respond again, to try and clarify my position. Does the dev (or whoever) get notified that there's been a new response, or not (since the bug is closed)? I just wondered as the oldest of these clarifications has no further response to it - which may what the dev intended as they still didn't agree with me (again, no issues with that) - but also made me wonder if the dev even saw my response.
nik592

Re: Responding to a closed bug

Post by nik592 »

OK, so my newest clarification got a response, so it would seem devs are notified in some way. Leaving here in case anyone else has the question.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

nik592 wrote: 15 April 2024, 05:04 OK, so my newest clarification got a response, so it would seem devs are notified in some way. Leaving here in case anyone else has the question.
So far as i know, everytime a new comment is added on a bug report, all the linked devs receive an email about that. As for the users, I am less sure : you receive an email at least when the status of the report change and if you have posted a message. I dont know if that's still true if you only upvoted in the report, but i will guess it does. And i dont know if you receive a notification if a new message is added but the status is not changed (it was not working a while back so as dev we had to constantly change and change back when discussing in the bug report system, but maybe it was changed by now).
ErikLevin

Post by ErikLevin »

I do not get any emails for additional comments on bugs I have commented on or voted on. I do get mail for status changes.
alishakihn

Post by alishakihn »

I don't know if that's still true if you just vote in the report, but I guess it does. Drift Boss

Return to “Discussions”