Re: Top 5 Solo Games on BGA

Post by cigma »

I'd vote for:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... erfulworld
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=pandemic
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=burglebros
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=jumpdrive
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=vault

It's a Wonderful World and Jump Drive are engine builders. Pandemic and Burgle Bros. are originally cooperative games, where each player manages a unique character - in solo mode you can choose how many and which characters you want to play. Vault is a nice filler.

Allthough I like Ark Nova very much and it can be played as a solo game, I especially don't like the solo rules (each round you are only allowed one action less than the round before).
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
buu441

Post by buu441 »

Basically every game with randos on here is a solo game against some good automas :D
Livini

Post by Livini »

I think these are my top-5:

Gaia Project and Tapestry
I love playing these solo. The Automa mechanism works well (especially in Gaia Project) and is usually challenging enough if you pick the right level. Since they're very long games, multiplayer can be an intimidating commitment and potential problem players can be extra frustrating, and playing solo avoids these problems. Both games have lots of different factions that may require different strategies, so there will be more variety in the gameplay.

Isle of Cats
I love tile placement games and this is one of my favorites. I like the solo game about the same amount as the multiplayer version. It works well as a solo game because it's not a very interactive game to begin with, aside from the drafting part, and even the solo replacement for the drafting is pretty good.

Next Station: Tokyo
There are a few short filler games that I enjoy playing solo, but this one might be my favorite. The game is pretty much solo to begin with, and the objectives help make it satisfying even when you're not up against an opponent. Next Station: London is fun too, but once you've got the hang of that one, it can be a bit too easy, so that's why I prefer this one.

Railroad Ink
Another short filler game that already feels like a solo game even in multiplayer version. Can be satisfying or frustrating depending on your rolls, but that does make it a bit addictive.
Magdalenquigley

Post by Magdalenquigley »

My personal top 5 solo games on Board Game Arena (BGA) would be:

1. **Terra Mystica**: A complex strategy game where players build and expand their factions on a fantasy map.
2. **Race for the Galaxy**: A card game where cannacraftcorner players develop their galactic civilizations through strategic card play.
3. **7 Wonders Duel**: A two-player version of the popular civilization-building game, featuring card drafting and tableau building.
4. **Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization**: A civilization-building game where players lead their nations from antiquity to the modern era.
5. **Agricola**: A farming-themed game where players manage resources and expand their pureplantpleasures farms to build the most prosperous homestead.

These games offer deep strategic gameplay and provide a satisfying solo experience on BGA.
Last edited by Magdalenquigley on 01 May 2024, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Livini

Post by Livini »

Magdalenquigley wrote: 23 April 2024, 11:27 My personal top 5 solo games on Board Game Arena (BGA) would be:

1. **Terra Mystica**: A complex strategy game where players build and expand their factions on a fantasy map.
2. **Race for the Galaxy**: A card game where players develop their galactic civilizations through strategic card play.
3. **7 Wonders Duel**: A two-player version of the popular civilization-building game, featuring card drafting and tableau building.
4. **Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization**: A civilization-building game where players lead their nations from antiquity to the modern era.
5. **Agricola**: A farming-themed game where players manage resources and expand their farms to build the most prosperous homestead.

These games offer deep strategic gameplay and provide a satisfying solo experience on BGA.
I don't think most of these have solo versions available on BGA? I would love to try the Terra Mystica Automa expansion, but I don't think that's on BGA.

Return to “Discussions”