Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Ez0ah

Parent company gives most of their debt to Asmodee and parts ways

Post by Ez0ah »

https://www.wargamer.com/board-games-p ... llion-debt

So basically the parent company piled their debt up on Asmodee (BGA owner) before splitting…
Not sure how it impacts BGA directly but it doesn’t look good.
nanospy

Re: Parent company gives most of their debt to Asmodee and parts ways

Post by nanospy »

This is a concern for me as well. Asmodee going bankrupt as a result is well within possibility. What would become of BGA? So much has been built here over time, I would hate to see it all crumble.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Rather than giving Asmodee the debt, Embracer took out loans with Asmodee assets, took the money and said that Asmodee isn't part of Embracer anymore.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

N_Faker wrote: 24 April 2024, 15:40 Rather than giving Asmodee the debt, Embracer took out loans with Asmodee assets, took the money and said that Asmodee isn't part of Embracer anymore.
Asmodee does indeed have a significant amount of debt now. As I understand, they are solely responsible for the loan. See https://embracer.com/releases/asmodee-s ... cer-group/ for details, and note that Asmodee will have a Net Debt to Adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) of roughly 3.9x.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

GTSchemer wrote: 24 April 2024, 16:35
I should maybe have stated it differently. I'm saying that Embracer created new debt for Asmodee to pay for Embracer's old debt.
Last edited by N_Faker on 25 April 2024, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

Maybe someone better at searching than me can find what Asmodee's debt was before Embracer merged with them, compared to the new value now. I suppose that is the key question.
Ondrashek06

Post by Ondrashek06 »

Sadly BGA nowadays is heavily reliant on Asmodee... While most of the actual games are user-submitted, there's still server infrastructure that needs to be paid for by someone.
Tricuspa

Post by Tricuspa »

This was bound to happen at some point, holding company are trouble and shouldn't be allowed to buy, straddle with debt under the other name and then depart with the money, fricking pirates. Though maybe I am reading this wrong.

So I imagine if there isn't enough profit (for Asmodee) they'll have to raise premiums which in turn doesn't help provide additional monies to the various companies that license out their games for here at BGA, on the plus side since most games are coded by the user base at least they'll be available if they need to find a new home and the company that own the license wants to again give a new place a chance.

Return to “Discussions”