Spyrium

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Spyrium

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are proud and happy to introduce today Spyrium, a game from William Attia published by Ystari Games.

Does "William Attia" ring a Bell to you? Yes, this is the designer of Caylus! Needless to say that this new game is one of the most expected games of fall 2013... which is now available on stores :)

So what is it about? During 6 turns, you place and take back workers between 9 available cards (the "market"). Between?!? Yes, you place workers BETWEEN cards, so when you take back your worker, you can choose to activate one of the two adjacent cards. In addition, each worker next to a card increase its cost by 1 for everyone. In consequence, if everyone wants the same card, it's going to cost you an arm and a leg.

The good news is: when you take back a worker, you can also choose not to active any card, and in this case you earn an amount of money equals to the number of workers around an adjacent card. This mechanism makes the game very interactive and interesting.

During the game, you are using cards from 3 different types:
  • Buildings, that you can build in front of you and use it at your turn.
  • Techniques, that you collect in order to give you special permanent abilities.
  • Characters, that gives you something immediately but remains on the market.
What makes this game particularly good are the many various strategies to score Victory Points, and also the fact that all games configurations are very different to play (be careful: the 2 players configuration is the most technical one).

Board Game Arena would like to send a big Thank You to William, Conny, Thomas and of course Ystari Games to make it possible to have this game here. We encourage you strongly to thank them by liking their Facebook page and of course by investing some ££ on Spyrium at your preferred board game store!

Enjoy!
nikos messis

Re: Spyrium

Post by nikos messis »

it is a magnificent game but a little confusing.Well done to the publishers but I also want to see BANG! at BGA :)
GeekyGimp

Post by GeekyGimp »

Loved this - easy to learn, and a great addition to the arena.
Mifune

Post by Mifune »

I haven't tried it yet, but I read the rules, and it seems an excellent follow up to Caylus.
Two amazing games in two months, good job BGA team!
Oso

Post by Oso »

It's nice, perfect for 3 or 4 players xD
Marty78

Post by Marty78 »

I'm really happy that you are finally releasing GOOD games. Keep that up! :)
Crysaa

Post by Crysaa »

Great game ;) Gj!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”