Carcassonne: The River

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Carcassonne: The River

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are happy to introduce today a mini expansion for Carcassonne: "The River".

The River adds 12 "River" tiles. These tiles are always picked and placed first when the game starts, and afterwards the game continues with the original rules.

Using "The River", each game of Carcassonne starts with a unique setup, instead of the standard setup with the intial tile. This mini-expansion is so much appreciated that in a lot of countries it is actually included in the base game box.

We'd also like to take advange of this news to tell you that the very annoying display bug that appeared on the Chrome internet browser some months ago has now been fixed by Google in Chrome version 68 (the tiles art images were misaligned). This bug was particularly annoying for Carcassonne players (but also with other games). So if you have Google Chrome version 66 or 67, we strongly advise you to upgrade your browser to version 68 or above to fix this problem.

Enjoy!
Halenor

Re: Carcassonne: The River

Post by Halenor »

I'm glad to see an expansion added. I hope this only the first. I've only played The River and Abbot expansions, so it would be really great to be able to play the others before I buy them.
CarapauGalatico

Post by CarapauGalatico »

I love you guys, this is the best site to play board games online!!! :geek: :mrgreen:
fiscused

Post by fiscused »

WE couldn't get it to work with "draw 3"option when someone had river tiles they couldn't place after someone played end of river because it was their last river tile.
Hoslokateriy

Post by Hoslokateriy »

when someone had a river tile that they could not place after someone played the end of the river, because this was their last river tile.

because of this I got a fine :evil:
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

About the bug with strategic variant: it has been fixed now (and penalties has been removed). Sorry about this.

Thanks for your feedback! We are also very excited to bring new expansions on Carcassonne :)
kicekpicek_pl

Post by kicekpicek_pl »

Another bug spotted - there's a notification blocking "U turn of a river" even if return is 3 tiles away. As far I know the U-turns are not valid only when someone tries to do "close U-turn" but it should not be the issue with several tiles away.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

kicekpicek_pl wrote:Another bug spotted - there's a notification blocking "U turn of a river" even if return is 3 tiles away. As far I know the U-turns are not valid only when someone tries to do "close U-turn" but it should not be the issue with several tiles away.
A lot of people, including me, house rule this way, BUT in a close read of the official rules, the river is never allowed to go back the way it came, no matter how far down the line. every left turn must be followed by right turn and visa versa, not matter how many straights are between.
sneaky boy

Post by sneaky boy »

Thanks devs!!
RoseDragon

Post by RoseDragon »

Developers on this site are awesome! :D Respect guys for everything you're doing! :ugeek: :mrgreen: :roll: :D

Return to “Official announcements [en]”