A new visual identity for Board Game Arena

Board Game Arena Official announcements
fawls13

Re: A new visual identity for Board Game Arena

Post by fawls13 »

I don't particularly like the new logo...BUT...since I didn't have to do any work on it and it doesn't materially change the site I don't care. I also don't pretend to know what is appealing to the generations that are growing to replace mine so if this is a logo that targets those generations all the better.

It's good that the site is staying current and not drifting to the backwaters of the internet. I'm not a huge advocate of change (unless it is in my pocket) but in a general sense it beats the alternative.
DoctorSink

Post by DoctorSink »

I like the new logo, but after seeing Peyo61's version, I have to admit that his logo looks better.
captaincutlass

Post by captaincutlass »

Haters be hating, it's not a cloud, it' four people around their game table.
I for one applaud eye candy, although I agree a two tone logo is a bit sparse. More colour is always good.
JCase16

Post by JCase16 »

Peyo's is better. Thought you were going for a cloud before seeing his. Though even his doesn't speak board games. However his is light years better.... In the end... Who cares.
pizzaddict

Post by pizzaddict »

I realize this isn't up for a vote, but I'm not keen on the new logo and would prefer Peyo's more colorful logo also.
kramas2

Post by kramas2 »

Updating colors and style is one thing... reworking a proven logo into something unrecognizable is a poor business decision.

The New logo is weak and does nothing to convey who/what you are doing.

If you have to explain it ...you have already failed.
LucianObi

Post by LucianObi »

I like the new visual ID: give the designer enough time and he will do a great job... it's he's job after all ;)
Mahjjima

Post by Mahjjima »

I hope that the revamp is a work in progress, as the new logo is nice, but doesn't really scream boardgames.

The four colors that were used before helped signify that 'boardgame' feel as they were very much like tokens / meeples.

I do really like Peyo61 / Pierre's version of it, going back to the colors.

Please make this an iterative and transparent process. I am sure the community has a lot of input -- you can just filter through and choose the best contributions.

Thanks for all your hard work!
One-ideaed

Post by One-ideaed »

Great News!
Good luck Ian
Flashcubes

Post by Flashcubes »

first off i love BGA been a member for 3 years. and this is great news, yes appearances matter to many of us who enjoys great designs, themes and graphic arts. Welcome aboard and looking forward to see the changes

Return to “Official announcements [en]”