About videos made from BGA

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

About videos made from BGA

Post by sourisdudesert »

Some of you are contacting us to ask the permission to realize videos based on Board Game Arena : game explanation videos or game strategy tips based on a BGA screencast, live streaming on Twitch or any other service, and so on.

Our policy is quite simple : you are more than welcome to do this. Please just make sure there is a reference+link to BGA somewhere. In addition, please post the video on the corresponding game page and please send us a link to the video : if the quality is good we would be happy to promote it using a news / Facebook page ...

In particular, game explanation videos are particularly simple to do using BGA because you don't need a video camera and because the game elements are well displayed anytime. Of course you are allowed to play against yourself in this case (just switch ELO off).
Game Fondue

Re: About videos made from BGA

Post by Game Fondue »

Sounds fun. After I finish editing some of my more recent reviews, I'll make some of these. :)
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

That's a great idea! Kudos to whoever thought that one up. Koren? ;)
Sharpe

Post by Sharpe »

This is great to hear. I have been thinking about streaming TtA on twitch for a while now, and was going to ask permission to do so. I will of course post a link to BGA and reference it in stream. Do you think I should also contact Vlada Chvatil / Czech Games for permission too?
I would love to promote both this website, and board gaming in general as there doesn't seem to be many board game streamers (I've looked quite a lot) and I could encourage both experienced players to consider streaming their games and discussing strategies as well as hopefully bringing in a new players. The thing is I believe it will be extremely difficult to even get a tiny viewership of 10-20 people, and I'm not sure of the appropriate channels and methods of broadcasting the stream in an effective way to newcomers.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”