Legendary Inventors (and Ultimate Contest)

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Shaq Jenkins

Re: Legendary Inventors (and Ultimate Contest)

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

I know this has been mentioned several times already, but can you PLEASE fix the 3 and 5 cards? They look way too similar, and I lost a close game earlier because I couldn't tell the difference between them, chose the wrong card, and ended up not finishing my run. Please make it easier to distinguish between them.

It looks like you changed it slightly, but it's still pretty hard to see.
demiurgsage

Post by demiurgsage »

I agree, 3 and 5 should be fixed. For me when you write 3 and 5 in chat window they looks much better.
turbo34

Post by turbo34 »

Unfortunately, the game sucks.
makkuu

Post by makkuu »

VeggieYogi wrote:
makkuu wrote:I think part of the problem is the blurriness. Perhaps he numbers need the effect Sharpen a bit to fix it.
Not a big issue when playing on the computer. If you move your mouse over the card, all the necessary info pop-up, including the the number of the card in the series.
Thank you, I use that one too. But I don't think that's the intended way...

@turbo34, what is it that you don't like about the game itself? I think it's awesome. Before all, great theme and art; gameplay - simple rules, yet deep enough strategies, lots of interaction. What's not to love?
Andrea11

Post by Andrea11 »

I have lost 30 points karma because of a bug on legendary inventors. When I finish arranging the token after the game time continues to flow and causes the abandonment. Could you give me at least 15. Thanks
dudi2

Post by dudi2 »

Andrea11 wrote:I have lost 30 points karma because of a bug on legendary inventors. When I finish arranging the token after the game time continues to flow and causes the abandonment. Could you give me at least 15. Thanks
From the log of said game https://en.boardgamearena.com#!gamerevi ... e=24894855 can be seen, one player skipped Andrea's move as she ran out of time.

I think it should not be possible to skip a players move at the end of game phase. Instead for players out of time the action "I'm done!" should be automatically selected. Then they cannot use left items, but end up at a correct score.

As it is now, players which would end up in last position can skip the player out of time to get a win and avoid ELO loss.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

dudi2 wrote:As it is now, players which would end up in last position can skip the player out of time to get a win and avoid ELO loss.
This last move is part of the game. Andrea11 shouldn't have forget to press the button.

We add some extra time for this last phase + we add a 20 seconds warning with an explicit message when you are about to be kicked. With these both evolutions this is almost impossible to forget to push the button.
Andrea11

Post by Andrea11 »

It 's true, I should not forget to push the button. But it is also true that if you were editing the final stage is because a problem is present. And because of this problem and a distraction I lost 30% of karma points. I always had 100%, it seems too punitive as well as system because it precluded me to write in the groups in which they are present. Bonus of 10 points ...? :-)
dudi2

Post by dudi2 »

sourisdudesert wrote:
dudi2 wrote:As it is now, players which would end up in last position can skip the player out of time to get a win and avoid ELO loss.
This last move is part of the game. Andrea11 shouldn't have forget to press the button.

We add some extra time for this last phase + we add a 20 seconds warning with an explicit message when you are about to be kicked. With these both evolutions this is almost impossible to forget to push the button.
Just tried to see the 20 sec warning 20 sec before time runs out. But I have not seen any explicit message about running out of time. As I had 5 seconds left I clicked "I'm done!". Just after this click the time changed from 0:05 minutes left to -1:05 minutes resulting in a "overtime icon" on the result page (without any karma loss). Table: https://de.4.boardgamearena.com/invento ... e=24910576

So there seems to be a timing problem, or what is the reason that the time went to 1:05 minutes negative at the end?
demiurgsage

Post by demiurgsage »

dudi2 wrote:
sourisdudesert wrote:

So there seems to be a timing problem, or what is the reason that the time went to 1:05 minutes negative at the end?
Well known time bug that affected all games with phases in which players make a move simultaneously.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10566

Return to “Official announcements [en]”