Carcassonne + Carcassonne contest!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
demiurgsage

Re: Carcassonne + Carcassonne contest!

Post by demiurgsage »

Do you see a contradiction?
1. You want Carcassone become popular on BGA but allow to create tables only for members. I see more than 30 players want to play Carcassone right now but no tables.
2. You create a contest to get membership for those who already have membership. As membership cost very little I don't think you can interest people with it. I think you should allow to create tables for all during contest.
Shaq Jenkins

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

demiurgsage wrote:Do you see a contradiction?
1. You want Carcassone become popular on BGA but allow to create tables only for members. I see more than 30 players want to play Carcassone right now but no tables.
2. You create a contest to get membership for those who already have membership. As membership cost very little I don't think you can interest people with it. I think you should allow to create tables for all during contest.
I was thinking the same thing.

It is incredibly unfair to have a contest with a game that only some players are allowed to create tables for. The Legendary Inventors contest was great because everyone was able to create tables when they wanted to.

It's fine to only allow BGA members to create tables once the contest ends, but until then, open up this option to everyone. I'm predicting that the top players in this contest will be BGA members who can master this game because they have the freedom to play it whenever they want with the specific table settings they want, which already puts them at an advantage over non-members.

Though I won't be participating anyway because I've played this game a few times in person and really disliked it. :lol:
Ashulis

Post by Ashulis »

If next game will be Catan than i die in peace.
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

Thanks for bringing this popular game here on BGA!
Carcassonne and Catan were the 2 games that brought me into this great gaming hobby.
So it certainly brings good memories ;)
Any chance of bringing "Carcassonne - Hunters and Gatherers" here too? That's one I never played before; so would be awesome!
Shaq Jenkins wrote:
demiurgsage wrote:Do you see a contradiction?
I was thinking the same thing.

It is incredibly unfair to have a contest with a game that only some players are allowed to create tables for. The Legendary Inventors contest was great because everyone was able to create tables when they wanted to.

It's fine to only allow BGA members to create tables once the contest ends, but until then, open up this option to everyone.
My thoughts too.
Last edited by JollyBird on 15 November 2016, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
umop_apisdn

Post by umop_apisdn »

Awesome addition to the site. I'm having a blast playing! :D

I'm just curious about one thing though-- are the fields at end game being scored correctly? Based on the last two games that I played, it seems as though each completed city is only being scored at a rate of +3 points regardless of how many different fields touch it. If two separate fields are touching one city, shouldn't both fields be counted at +3 points a piece?
Qonos

Post by Qonos »

nice, but theres alot of work to do.very bugy at the moment :/
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

Clarification about the contest. By contract, we need to make Carcassonne "premium". So the choice was not between "make a contest available to everyone" and "make a contest only for members", but between "make no contest" and "make a contest only for members". We know that this will be very difficult for non-members to win this contest, but still we decided that it was better that "no contest at all".

Qonos wrote:nice, but theres alot of work to do.very bugy at the moment :/
As it is explained we have an unexpected major bug at launch, but the game is stable at now as you can see in the following link :
https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs?game=1

If you had some issue, please report it to the bug system so we can fix it.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

umop_apisdn wrote:Awesome addition to the site. I'm having a blast playing! :D

I'm just curious about one thing though-- are the fields at end game being scored correctly? Based on the last two games that I played, it seems as though each completed city is only being scored at a rate of +3 points regardless of how many different fields touch it. If two separate fields are touching one city, shouldn't both fields be counted at +3 points a piece?
More explanation on this :
  • I'm familiar with Carcassonne 1st edition, which scores only 2 points for 2-tiles cities and which scores +3 for each achieved city on the map (taking into account ALL fields around this city).
  • I wasn't aware that there have been rules changes in last edition (4 points for 2-tiles cities and scoring for each fields depending on how many cities around it).
  • We're going to give you the choice between these different set of rules, so you can choose. But this require an update and as there was some issue at launch we are careful about that and want to take our time.
Gonzabianchi

Post by Gonzabianchi »

totally great adition.. I'm very proud to be a member for the last 4 years.. and you are making this very enjoyable every month a little more...

Way to go guys!
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

UPDATE :

We introduced new 2 options to satisfy everyone with the different rules of Carcassonne :
_ Now you can choose to score 4 points for "2-tiles small cities" (international rules), or only 2 points (first edition rules).
_ Now you can choose to score by fields (+3 per cities - international rules), or to score by city (+3 for the most farmers).

Note that we encourage the use of International rules, so they are set as default.

Hope you appreciate to be able to choose your best Carcassonne.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”