Russian Railroads

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Russian Railroads

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are proud and happy to introduce the excellent game Russian Railroads, from Helmut Ohley and Leonhard Orgler, published by Hans im Glück.

Russian Railroads is one of the best worker placement board game available, awarded multiple times (Deutscher Spiele Preis, Meeple's choice, International Gamers Award, ...), and is in the top 60 of the best games on boardgamegeek.com in all categories.

During each round of the game, you are using available actions on the central board to improve the railway network on your personal board. In particular, you try to make your tracks progress on the 3 railroads of your personal board: Trans-siberian (Vladivostok), Saint-Petersburg line, and Kiev line. You may also progress on the industry track (purple hexes at the bottom of your personal board). Then at the end of each round, you score a number of points which depends on the position of your tracks and industry marker.

The interesting twist is: your initial black tracks do not score many points, so you will want more powerful tracks (gray/brown/beige/white). However, on a given railroad you must always have your black tracks first, then your gray ones, they brown, and so on. Consequently, to transform your personal board into a powerful points engine, you will have to think smart and select your actions carefully, and of course guess the strategies of your opponents to block available actions that may help them. To win, you must also use the many special powers that are triggered by tracks when they reach certain positions on the railroads.

Oh, and by the way, the game is excellent with 2 players and can be really quick. You should definitly try it!

To learn every rules details about "RRR", you should watch this Radho Runs Through video.

Russian Railroads adaptation has been developed by Alena Laskavaia who already developed Nippon, Madeira and Dragon Line on BGA. In particular she implemented an excellent undo system that allows you to make sure you make no mistake during your actions. Congratulations for this impressive work!

BGA would like to address a special "thank you" to Hans im Glück for making this adaptation possible, and also to game designer Helmut Ohley for his help.

Enjoy!
squarerootofthree

Re: Russian Railroads

Post by squarerootofthree »

Wow. What a great game to see arrive on here! Thanks!!!
Mokey D Luffy

Post by Mokey D Luffy »

Glad to have the game. Great job, everyone.

I am perhaps missing it, but is there a way to see how many trains of each level are still available?
Gallardus

Post by Gallardus »

Now this is an unexpected delight. Thank you very much!
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Mokey D Luffy wrote: is there a way to see how many trains of each level are still available?
You can see how many locomotive are available with the height of the stack.
Mokey D Luffy

Post by Mokey D Luffy »

Thanks for the answer. The next time I play I will look to see how well that shows up.
Jer3my

Post by Jer3my »

Wow, that's terrific news. Thank you for all your work on this, Alena.
skappax

Post by skappax »

Wow
luffytyc

Post by luffytyc »

Fantastic work!!! Might I add that I've thoroughly enjoyed the online version of all the games that I have tried on this site. Great stuff!
neoOberon

Post by neoOberon »

I bought RR when it was first released, but have yet to play it.

Thanks BGA, HG and of course Alena Laskavaia for putting this online; maybe now I can actually get a game in.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”