April fool's : BGA logo : back to basics

Board Game Arena Official announcements
SoulDraconus

Re: April fool's : BGA logo : back to basics

Post by SoulDraconus »

Great joke, guys! Though I have to admit, as a recently new player I liked the 'old' logo somewhat better.
oenxt

Post by oenxt »

Sad to only have colorful "old" logo back for only 1 day - maybe some day players might be able to choose their own "style" from a few options! Thank you BGA for all your efforts (and please keep the "wood" background - tabletop games should look like they're being played on a table, not like some video game screen!) Of course, this is just my opinion!

All hail the Colorful Logo!! :D
zwalex

Post by zwalex »

oenxt wrote:... and please keep the "wood" background - tabletop games should look like they're being played on a table, not like some video game screen!)
I would agree - if the wood background would really look like a table and not like
nEvErLoOz wrote:... wood linoleum-ish ,,,
flooring ...
senatorhung wrote:
nEvErLoOz wrote:can you please simply remove the wood linoleum-ish background!
its fugly! :)
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... p&start=20
Yep - but it would be greater to have an option/setting (and some alternative backgrounds to chose from) in the user profile.
Anyways - not a big deal, just a nice-to-have ...
boogier

Post by boogier »

does a joke suppose to be funny?
kamakiriad

Post by kamakiriad »

I really hope you are going back to the old look and feel. I really appreciate that. I have not liked the new look, nor the new banner and navigation options that much. Gamers know how to game. Keep up the good work.
Klov

Post by Klov »

You are creating a false dichotomy between functionality and aesthetics. Especially given the success of Tabletopia, putting the user interface on the back burner is likely a bad move.

Honestly, if I were to stop using this website, I would site the cruddy UI as the main culprit.
VeganChick

Post by VeganChick »

How is that pixelated purple udder better than this classic logo? Bring it back :)
Liallan

Re: BGA logo : back to basics

Post by Liallan »

senatorhung wrote:
nEvErLoOz wrote:can you please simply remove the wood linoleum-ish background!

its fugly! :)
https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... p&start=20
You can link to that all you want but I've never figure out a way to make any of those permanent.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I don't find this a particular funny joke. I don't care about the logo one way or another but...

What I do care about is when I can't read anything. In our notifications, all new ones are highlighted this pinkish color with a light-medium blue print on them. I can't read that, and I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but I don't know why anyone would think that's going to be easy to read. You need contrast to read. Or like when in a game itself, in the upper left, there's light grey print on an even lighter grey background, which looks like it was done intentionally so that people would never find it. And yes, I'm serious - it looks like someone didn't want us to find it. I just don't understand how anyone thinks that is legible.

It's nice to have something look nice, but not at the expense of usability. If you can't read something, it isn't going to matter how nice it looks. (And besides, pink and blue don't look nice together anyway.) I feel like they stopped teaching the concept of readability in design classes. Now they just teach that everything should be grey.

This was supposed to be a project, which I thought was ongoing and that we'd gradually see more changes, so I ignored the "impossible to read" stuff, thinking the mix of old and new just wasn't matching. Now it seems this is final? It's been long enough. And that doesn't even address some icons in the upper right that don't even show up, and which were reported when these changes started.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”