Race for the Galaxy: Xeno Invasion

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Race for the Galaxy: Xeno Invasion

Post by sourisdudesert »

The fifth and last expansion for Race for the Galaxy: Xeno Invasion, is now available on Board Game Arena :)

This expansion is a new arc, which is not compatible with the previous ones. It is also one of the expansions with the best rating on BGG (8/10).

Why is that? Probably in the first place because this expansion does not add a lot of extra rules. If you play without the "Invasion game", it works almost exactly like the base game, with (a lot) of new very interesting cards and some new powers. So it's easy to learn AND it renews the game.

The "Invasion game" introduces a new phase: starting from the third turn, at the end of each turn, a Xeno Invasion occurs. Each player must face a Xeno attack, and must be victorious (ie : more Military + Xeno attack + Xeno defense than this attack). If you lose, one of your world is damaged and cannot be used until it has been repaired.

As a consequence, military is quite important with this expansion: don't forget that or you'll be overwhelmed by the E.T.!

Like the previous expansions, The Xeno Invasion is available only for BGA Club Members: as usual, only members can select this option to start a new table but anyone can join the game afterwards.

We'd like to thank Rio Grande Games and Tom Lehmann for giving us this opportunity to have all RFTG expansions here. We are particularly proud to have brought these 5 expansions of RFTG online in only 15 months, in order to have the greatest RFTG community here on BGA.

Also, as this may be the last release of a RFTG expansion, we'd like to take the opportunity to address a special thank you to all RFTG players who have been playing here for the last 7 years and made this adaptation such a great success on BGA.

Enjoy!
Zhuangzi

Re: Race for the Galaxy: Xeno Invasion

Post by Zhuangzi »

Well done chaps!
kerkael

Post by kerkael »

Bon, quelques problèmes d'interface apparemment. Et tout n'est pas clair sur les moyens de jouer, mais c'est vrai que c'est fun.
Mais ca va super vite, du coup.
ivy_saurus

Post by ivy_saurus »

This is wonderful! I've been playing RFTG a lot here on BGA and as an inevitable consequence, I've bought the RFTG main set. I'm now saving up for as many expansions as I can get my hands on. Thank you, Tom Lehmann! :D
GalaxyHunter

Post by GalaxyHunter »

"which is not compatible with the previous ones"

So it's base game + this one OR base game + the previous ones ?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

GalaxyHunter wrote:So it's base game + this one OR base game + the previous ones ?
You can only play RFTG with one expansion arc.

So you can play :
  • Base game
  • Base game + Gathering Storm (first arc)
  • Base game + Gathering Storm + Rebel vs Imperium (first arc)
  • Base game + Gathering Storm + Rebel vs Imperium + Brink of War (first arc)
  • Base game + Alien artifacts (second arc)
  • Base game + Xeno invasion (third arc)
GalaxyHunter

Post by GalaxyHunter »

sourisdudesert wrote:
GalaxyHunter wrote:So it's base game + this one OR base game + the previous ones ?
You can only play RFTG with one expansion arc.

So you can play :
  • Base game
  • Base game + Gathering Storm (first arc)
  • Base game + Gathering Storm + Rebel vs Imperium (first arc)
  • Base game + Gathering Storm + Rebel vs Imperium + Brink of War (first arc)
  • Base game + Alien artifacts (second arc)
  • Base game + Xeno invasion (third arc)
I was not aware of that, thanks.
bockatore

Post by bockatore »

Am I misunderstanding how this works? I thought the strongest player faced the strongest invasion?

Here are the (X) and Invasion values from a recent three player game:

(X):0 INVASION: 4
(X):3 INVASION: -1
(X):3 INVASION: 1

Shouldn't the (X)=0 player get the lowest invasion card?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”