Alveole

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Alveole

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are proud to introduce today on BGA some unusual game : Alveole.

On the contrary of all games on BGA, this game is NOT a board game. The explanation is at the end of this news.

Alveole is an abstract game for 2 players. The goal of the game is to connect all your pieces in a single group. At your turn, you must move a piece on the hexagonal grid along a direction. Your piece is moving exactly as many spaces as there are pieces on the line in which it is moving. Ex : if on a line there are 2 pieces, you can move a piece 2 spaces along this line.

If you finish your move on one of your opponent piece, you capture it BUT you can never jump above any opponent piece. And that's it!

Now, where does this game come from?

At the beginning, there was an abstract board game : Lines of action, created by Claude Soucie. Its mechanims were fun, so it inspired a video game studio (Motion Twin) to create a game with similar mechanisms based on an hexagonal grid named Grapiz (or Amonite). This game had a lot of success on some games portal.

Recently, the developer of Hive BGA adaptation (Cédric Leclinche) asked Motion Twin and BGA if it would be possible to have this game online. As this is a very good strategy game, we found that it would be useless to say no, so we said yes and here it is! Unfortunately for legal reasons we can have the game but not its name, so we chose to name it Alveole!

BGA would like to thank Cédric Leclinche for having this idea and for developing this game using BGA Studio and Motion Twin for their authorization to have this game here.

Enjoy!
Dhakra

Re: Alveole

Post by Dhakra »

Es wäre schön ein paar mehr regeln zu definieren.
z.B. die geanauen Vorraussetzungen für einen Sieg.

It would be nice to get all the rules.
for example presice requirements for winning.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

The only win condition is to unite all your pieces, so that every single one touches another in a single group.

There is no lose condition.

You can jump over your own pieces, but not your opponents pieces.
All moves must equal the amount of pieces(your and the opponents) in the line you are travelling on.
You can not land on your own pieces, if you land on an opponents piece it will be removed from the game.

Removed pieces has no relevance for the game.
Dhakra

Post by Dhakra »

hm yes thats one condition,

but its not the only one because i connected all and my oppenant too and he won. soooo....?
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Which table?
Dhakra

Post by Dhakra »

alveole #30337578
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

He was probably awarded the victory because he was the last one to move.
I dunno if such situations should end in a draw or not, the devs will have to decide.
vaanatomic

Post by vaanatomic »

Hello !

When the two players connect their tokens in the same time, it is the active player (the one who played the move) who wins. I hope it is less confusing now. I have to write the rules in english (sorry it is just in french for the moment).

If you need more clarifications about the rules, do not hesitate to send me a message ;) .
Dhakra

Post by Dhakra »

thx

its fine its enough clarification we just dont know why it's happend so we thought maybe it's about the count of pieces.

but now its all good.
fawls13

Re: Alveole - Game End Scenario

Post by fawls13 »

I just finished a game (#30418084) in which I claimed 8 of my worthy opponents pieces and still held all nine of mine. Upon taking his 8th piece the game ended and he was declared winner.

Is this supposed to happen? Is a good strategy then to try and lose all of your pieces before your opponent can connect all of theirs?

I had been wondering, before capturing piece 8, whether the game might end in a draw because I would not have enough moves to connect all my pieces. If a player has only 2 or three pieces left and they connect those few pieces before their opponent can connect their eight or nine (or seven, six, five, etc.) pieces would the player with the fewer pieces win? Any of these situations would be alright, it's just that reading the rules as they are now my assumption was that it was a good thing to remove the other player's pieces from the board...perhaps that old saying about 'assume' is quite relevant in this case.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”