Nine Men's Morris

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Nine Men's Morris

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are happy to introduce today another classic game to BGA : Nine Men's Morris.

We are proud to host on BGA all kind of board games, from the very simple/old ones to the very latest. There is no reason for a good game not to be on BGA, and this one is definitely a good one :)

The rules can be explained within one paragraph :

Each player initially have 9 stones. During the first phase, you must place 1 stone at your turn, trying to align 3 of them. When all stones has been placed (second phase), you must move a stone along the lines. If you manage, during any phase, to align 3 stones with your color, you can remove a stone from your opponent. If your opponent has less than 3 stones or cannot move, you win the game.

Nine Men's Morris was already on BGA since few month with a "Sandbox" version, and thanks to Adam Dewbery it now has rules reinforcement like any other BGA games : thank you Adam for this adaptation!

Enjoy!
apollo1001

Re: Nine Men's Morris

Post by apollo1001 »

Adam Dewbery, not Andrew Kerrison, but close... :lol:
ekma

Post by ekma »

Hi BGA Team

Thanks for making Nine men morris a official game .Appreciate it!

I have a feedback. I see that you are giving an option to the players whether to have wild flying on the final stone.That is incorrect.When a player has only 3 stones left on the board,as per conventional rules he/she should be able to fly the 3 stones.So please remove the option given to player to choose whether they need wild flying or not.That is Incorrect!

regds
Ekma
Abllllll

Post by Abllllll »

Cool, I used to play a variant of this with my grandpa and dad back in my childhood.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”