Board Game Arena Goodies!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

Board Game Arena Goodies!

Post by Een »

While discussing ways to support the service, some of you suggested to design and sell merchandise flying the Board Game Arena colors.

That's a nice idea, and fun too, but until now we had not found a service allowing to manage this internationally. We took another look these last days and discovered Redbubble.com which seems to fit: international shipping, print on demand with a set of partners close to the shipping address so that the costs and delays are not inflated beyond reason, available in 4 languages (English, Deutsch, French, Español), and lots of different products available.

So we decided to give it a try and see how it goes! You can now get Board Game Arena t-shirts for your boyfriend/girlfriend, mugs for your coffee, stickers for your laptop, cases for your smartphone, bags for your board games, and even... a fluffy pillow! :D

For now there are three designs, one with the full Board Game Arena logo, one with the small logo and one which is just tongue in cheek about ELO. If you have ideas for slogans or visuals that would be great on a t-shirt, please send them by email at contact+tshirt@boardgamearena.com: the ideas that will get their way to the shop will allow their authors to win a Board Game Arena club membership!

Here is the link to the shop, have fun browsing it! » To the shop «
Golgotha

Re: Board Game Arena Goodies!

Post by Golgotha »

Bad Taste
Personally I find the F*** Me t-shirt neither clever nor funny. To a native arnglish (ha ha ha FAIL!) speaker it is very crude and vulgar. Not a good representation of this group.
Last edited by Golgotha on 22 June 2017, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

Agreed.
senatorhung

Post by senatorhung »

yeah, i'd drop the F.me .. just have the "I'm 900" with a thumbs up.

you might also offer the old BGA logo and see how many folks buy that one ;)
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Een wrote: stickers for your laptop,
What? That's sacrilege. :ugeek:

I have to agree a bit on the F Me shirt. Maybe it's just a thing with native speakers? You could stick with the basic concept but use a different phrase, though I can't think what on the spur of the moment. (And you can still translate in any way that works.)

Not directly related... I tried to go to the Help files and got a message that I can't use them in Private Browsing. (I'm in Firefox.) I've never used Private Browsing. Not that I don't set some privacy settings, but I've never opened a page in Private Browsing mode. Anyone got any ideas why that might've happened?
Sioarhi

Post by Sioarhi »

I'm disappointed by the F*** me shirt. This site is so wonderful because people don't use strong language or abuse each other, and I feel like that's a departure from the mood. I'm not saying don't sell it, just maybe don't have that be the first thing people see when they click on the site.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

"Kiss me" is an acceptable alternative. Though hardly the height of wit.
nandblock

Post by nandblock »

(moderated, contained foul language)
Hawkfire

Post by Hawkfire »

"Fight me, I have 900 E.L.O."

"I'm E.L.O. 900
Your argument is invalid"

"I'm E.L.O. 900
Wanna play me?"