3D, groups list, friends popup, reputation ...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DianaW

Re: 3D, groups list, friends popup, reputation ...

Post by DianaW »

EMBison wrote:
we consider that 2D view is better to play online. Please tell us if you think different, but we didn't find a situation where it's more practical to play in 3D. However, we are definitely considering using 3D effects on games from time to time, just for the "eye candy" thing.

Most games are not optimized for 3D at now, so sometimes it looks a little bit weird, but most of the time it's fine and allow us to communicate better on our service. Beside all of this, this is very important for BGA to show everyone (especially, game publishers) that we are capable of having a game in 3D here.

Don't hesitate to give us a feedback on this!
Feedback - you are right, 2D view is better to play. If you feel the need to have 3D, go for it. But personally, I'd prefer you spend your time on almost anything else.
Instead i prefer 3D views because i can see better the card then the 2D view.
PezKat

Post by PezKat »

Darnoc wrote:The problem with the turn-based notes isn't that it pops up automatically, it is that it covers info like the scores, which you want to see first, before your notes. The positioning is poor at all times, because I often want to reference the scoring info to write or modify my notes. Solve all the problems by letting us reposition the notes ourselves, or maybe you could just slide it over to the upper left corner.
Yes, this.
Broodja

Post by Broodja »

Only few games can benefit from 3D imo, so not sure 3D worth it.
svvs

Post by svvs »

3D View is good for certain games such as Hex, where I am fully not used to the mirrored image of the board and therefore i use the 3D option to flip the board the right way :P . However, having to do this every single game or turn - could it be possible to memorise the 3D view since it's last set up?
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

svvs wrote: However, having to do this every single game or turn - could it be possible to memorise the 3D view since it's last set up?
+1

Even on the rare occasions I somewhat like the 3D, I don't bother because it doesn't keep the setting, and therefore also does not keep the changes I made to it, and I don't think the movement is intuitive or easy to do.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”