Ask Us Anything!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Ask Us Anything!

Post by sourisdudesert »

We are preparing you some great stuff for the end of 2017, with new games, expansions and features for BGA.

Before starting all of this, we'd like to open a new "Ask us anything" session like the one we did last year.

We are most of the time busy and it's sometimes difficult to answer all your questions/emails/comments. This is why we'd like to open this session so you can know (almost) everything about Board Game Arena :)

Please post the question as a comment to this news.

Important: We do not answer questions that already have an answer in the FAQ (including "when will the game XXX be available).

See you soon for the answers!
Boardgame_shri

Re: Ask Us Anything!

Post by Boardgame_shri »

how about voice chat? it would be cool 8-)
TheFourthJesse

Post by TheFourthJesse »

Is there any chance of getting the "waiting games list" back on the right-hand side of the screen above the chat? I really liked that option as it felt more to flow with the design of the site. It was also way easier for me to read and comprehend.

Also, when I logged in, the "Welcome back to BGA" banner didn't cover it.
SunnyDwight

Post by SunnyDwight »

There is player that constantly harasses me. He has many names. I've already "red thumbed" all his names and wont play with him. Is there any way I can set so he cant talk to me?
Unabstainer

Post by Unabstainer »

Hi. As always I'm about tournaments....

When you go to the next round and wait for next game to be created - you usually go to some other pages of site, maybe play another quick game...
Anyway you're leaving tournament page for some short period.

THE QUESTION: Is it possible to create link to current REALTIME tournament (where you participate right now) ON THE START LOBBY PAGE?
Somewhere near sound button, or after Forum. Why? To get back to tournament quickly.

We really need it!
Maladroitest

Post by Maladroitest »

While it is great to see the game selection grow, especially the games using euro style games. I would love to play a good version (like most games on here) of the classic games. A few that come to mind are Trouble, Monopoly, Battleship, Sorry, Parcheesi, Life, Risk, Clue, Scrabble, Axis & Allies, Chinese Checkers. Also what about the various card game classics like Spades, Rook, Rummy, Euchre, Bridge, Canasta, Uno, Skip-Bo, Cribbage, Dominoes and so on. Compared to every other multi board gaming site you guys do a much better job with all your games running smooth upon launch. I would just like for the older games not to disappear due to the lack of availability.
Super Grover

Post by Super Grover »

Is there a any to change the highlighted color on a selected item from red to a more contrasting color? It is hard to see what has been selected and what has no with the red color. Many times people have to refresh their game so that it will clear out the selected items and you can start new (including me).

Thanks
Sunmaster14

Post by Sunmaster14 »

Is there any chance that the replay functionality for the Trough the Ages could be repaired? (currently if any of the players has used the "redo the turn" option during the game, the replay does not work from that point onward).

Additionally, in the same game, can the action cards in possession of all players be made visible, as they are public information. Similarly, player should be able to see the event cards he himself has previously played in. These suggestions have been voiced in the forum before and their implementation would improve the playing experience immensely. Thank you!
VSAAV

Post by VSAAV »

SunnyDwight wrote:There is player that constantly harasses me. He has many names. I've already "red thumbed" all his names and wont play with him. Is there any way I can set so he cant talk to me?
You could immediately red thumb a player in a game if he speaks as a spectator. Please make sure you do give a red thumb.

And Mr.Grégory Isabelli can you please show me the evidence that you claim I insult the site through email then ban my ip for no reason? :D
Navigatoria

Post by Navigatoria »

I love the undo option in Through the Ages, and use it often. I am just wondering though if there could be a option to 'undo from beginning' OR just 'undo last move'. Many times it's just the last move I want to undo and it's time consuming and annoying to have to go all the way back to the beginning of the turn. Sometimes there are 7+ actions to have to redo when it's really only the last action or 2 that need fixing. Thanks for the awesome site and all the work you guys do to keep it running and improving.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”