Silvermiikkaa

Re: Hotseat mode (BETA)

Post by Silvermiikkaa »

Thanks for good fixing,
great team we have here
NaceWindu

Post by NaceWindu »

This is a great feature, I probably won't make too much use of it, but it is a nice option to have. IMO playing computer versions of board games cannot replace actually sitting down with the real thing at the table, but it is a nice way to try games before you buy.
Nob Leader

Post by Nob Leader »

I'm so happy about hotseat mode, particularly so I can learn a game with myself before playing against others!
Antonio67

Post by Antonio67 »

Imho you should leave this mode to non-premium, it is very useful to learn the game initially, leave it at least for 20/30 games or permanent.
joeshmoe301

Post by joeshmoe301 »

I wanted to let you know that I think this is a very good addition to the site. This mode allows me to easily play a game to learn it.

I don't know if this is an actual problem (or if this is intended), but I started a two player game of Russian Railroads (table 34689878) to learn it. After leaving the game overnight, the table was automatically ended with a "Game abandoned: Game has been closed automatically because no move has been completed for a long period of time." The game speed was "turn-based" with "1 move per day". I would have thought that I could leave a game overnight and continue the next day.

Thanks.
bhfred1

Post by bhfred1 »

This is Great news looking foreword to play Hotseat!!!
andyusyd

Post by andyusyd »

I have very much enjoyed this new features, learned few games by myself.
There are some issue would like to raise when playing with just Hotseat players
-Cant Abandon the game
-When Hotseat player quits, the game bug, error state '18', main player cant quit normally
-When learning games, players may gone over time, please turn off any negative karma that affect normal account during these kind of sessions
Please investigate, much appreciated,
Look forward to have more exiting games and features, cheers
Kingkas

Post by Kingkas »

I like the idea of using the hotseat mode to learn games by playing myself. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. Keep getting an error code that there is already someone using my name at the table. Do I have to make a second account with a different name or am I doing something wrong?
thanks and cheers
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

Kingkas wrote:I like the idea of using the hotseat mode to learn games by playing myself. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. Keep getting an error code that there is already someone using my name at the table. Do I have to make a second account with a different name or am I doing something wrong?
thanks and cheers
Yes, had the same problem but finally figured it out ;)
Not necessary to make a second account. Just put a fake name other than your own to play against and it wil work.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

Hi! Great idea. I started https://en.2.boardgamearena.com/veggieg ... e=34870100 with mee to learn and now am in deadlock. Caffe Latte, it is your turn - but [Play] does not react, tried everything. I tried to quit and got warning about penalty. OK, then I stayed and intrigued, what will happen.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”