Innovation for Christmas!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

Innovation for Christmas!

Post by Een »

This Christmas, we have the pleasure to gift you, the Board Game Arena community, with Innovation, a game by Carl Chudyk published by Asmadi Games!

Innovation is a card game which allows you to build your own civilisation by using and combining wisely the successive innovations devised by mankind through the ages. Technologies, ideas, cultural advancements will define your progress and lead your civilisation to earn achievements by earning points or by fulfilling specific conditions. If you are the first to earn 6, 5 or 4 achievements (depending on the number of players), you win the game.

This game really uses cards in many ways! You'll get to play them, sure, but also to stack them on top of cards of the same color, or to tuck them at the bottom of a stack, and even to spread them (splaying a color) left, right, up or down to display more of the icons featured on the cards. The number of those icons will impact the behaviour of the cards when you activate them to use their Dogma effects. Depending on the number of icons you have relative to your opponents, the effect will impact or not and be shared or not by your opponents. With 105 unique cards in the game and all these possibilites, there is a huge number of possible combinations so nearly every new game you play will unfold very differently. Getting to know and trying to master this game definitely takes some time, but you can be sure that investing this time will reward you with countless exciting games!

You can find out more information about the game and expansions on the site of the publisher Asmadi Games, but if you go there, just please don't push the big shiny red button. Please! Really, you shouldn't. Not at all. Don't.

In addition to Santa Claus and the reindeers chugging his sledge along, we'd like to extend our thanks to the real world people responsible for bringing this great game online. First to the publisher Asmadi Games for granting us the authorization to work on an adaptation, then to the developer Jean Portemer (Tchebychev) who started this project 4 years ago as his first BGA Studio project, and managed to keep working on this very complex game for 4 years until everything was working to be published! This is a labor done out of love for a game that we can only be humbled at, and that is really in the spririt of Christmas. Thank you Jean! :)

Have fun and merry Christmas to all!

Caronte

Re: Innovation for Christmas!

Post by Caronte »

Great, I love this game!!!
werfmark

Post by werfmark »

ah this is really nice. One of the better games for online play as this game really rewards repeated play.
momo80

Post by momo80 »

Roll for the Galaxy and now Innovation! This is truly a great Christmas :D
Tramuntana

Post by Tramuntana »

Jean it’s fabulous! Thank you:)
Spielschnecke

Post by Spielschnecke »

Two of my favorite games - just great, thank you and happy Xmas!
sqwert

Post by sqwert »

It's a Christmas miracle!

Thanks to Jean and all the folks responsible. I had wanted to try this game for a while.
le7337

Post by le7337 »

Awesome! I love this game, but its never gotten much love outside of a small group of enthusiasts.
Glad I can play it more often.
Fading Captain

Post by Fading Captain »

Innovation and Roll for the holidays. Two games that I have been wanting to play more. Thank you!
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Hi everybody!

Thanks for your nice comments! I hope you' ll enjoy this game as much as my pleasure for developing it!
Thanks for the BGA team do, there are doing such an amazing work everyday to enable us to play together ;)

See you soon!

Jean

Return to “Official announcements [en]”