IT is coming ...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Madmaze

Re: IT is coming ...

Post by Madmaze »

Hey all,

Just bought premium membership for this game, so I was disappointed to find out that I can't access it. Is there any chance that you still accept members?
nastymigue

Post by nastymigue »

mi potete inviatare nel gruppo per testare Terra Mystica?
lvasilr

Post by lvasilr »

When will be the game available for all?
Ivan83

Post by Ivan83 »

Am I on time to ask to be included in the list of testers?
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

What often happens with new games is I am not in the testing phase and when some come out, they are
basically unplayable or have too many issues in the layout. I can see limiting the number of testers so there are not too many problems to resolve at once, but it can help if everybody can see what it looks like. Common problems are just taking game pieces and shrinking with no changes.
It can help a lot if larger black lettering with white background are substituted. Since these games often have dull beige colors, it can help to substitute other color schemes or increase contrast.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

asd123321 wrote:What often happens with new games is I am not in the testing phase and when some come out, they are
basically unplayable or have too many issues in the layout. I can see limiting the number of testers so there are not too many problems to resolve at once, but it can help if everybody can see what it looks like. Common problems are just taking game pieces and shrinking with no changes.
It can help a lot if larger black lettering with white background are substituted. Since these games often have dull beige colors, it can help to substitute other color schemes or increase contrast.
Hi,
I took a screenshot, so that players not in the testers group can see what it looks like. Not much beige here, but I think that the grey buildings could have a more contrasted border, so that they're more visible when they're on the main board, on a grey mountains background.
In the only terra mystica game I played here at BGA, there was no grey player, and I didn't notice anything annoying, it was easily playable. When it's your turn, the spaces you can click have a BIG blue border, and there's a lot of confirm buttons, which will make happy players that often complain about the lack of an undo button.
Click on the image below to see a larger image. Note that the game boards extend as you resize your browser window, so the boards will be larger than on this screenshot if you have a larger browser window.

shivan01

Post by shivan01 »

may I join?
asd123321

Post by asd123321 »

In this picture, the players area on the right are taking up too much area and the
bonuses to the left of the map are small. If the cults only had the colors at the
top with white around the numbers, it would be a lot easier to see what is on there.
More white around the structures would make it easier to see when you have blue on blue,
and red on red.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”